1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Article System - new feature!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm continuing to work on modifications to the site and the latest addition is an Article system. It's basically the Knowledge Base from the old site, but with a new name. You can find it here or by clicking the Features drop-down box.

If you've had a great idea for an article, but haven't had anywhere to put it, throw it up in the Articles section! Written something recently that could be an article and just posted it as a thread, but want it remembered forever and ever in an easy to find section of the site? Post it in the Articles section!

Finally, if you have written a KB article, please copy/paste it to the Articles section as soon as you get a chance. I could move them all myself, but I wanted the original poster to be sure to have the correct recognition for writing it.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Danny.
    I've uploaded all but one of my articles, can't get the NAV defeat to work...I get the following error message.

IPB WARNING [2] getimagesize(http://www.priuschat.com/forums/images/articles/installoverview.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (Line: 1013 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode_core.php)

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmmm... let me take a look into that.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i tried to copy mine over... don't know if there's a delay or not but i'm not seeing it. but i didn't get any error messages either.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I like cats. I adopted a cat. Judging by the avatars, a lot of people have cats.

So I like the feature you built in wherein the top of the page says, " PriusChat > Article System Home > Viewing Cat" in each of the three subforums.

Nice touch! :D

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 3 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]234268[/snapback]</div>
    I have to approve each article before it's posted (going to look into changing that). I approved yours so it should show now. Thanks gal!

PS - when's the next Triangle meet?

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    cool. will go check that.

next meetup is april 22- ya coming?? :D

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I get a drop-down box if I click on Community, but not if I click on Features or Prius Accessories.

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's odd, I get dropdowns on all 3...didn't on the Prius Accessories until today, but Features and Community have been up for a while.

Try rebooting your browser to see if that resolves it.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 8 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]236726[/snapback]</div>

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I closed my browser, reopened it, came back to PC, and it's the same: Click on Comminity and I get the drop-down box. Click on Features and the browser window refreshes, identical, except that it has scrolled down an inch or so, so that the Features tag is at the very top of the window, but no drop-down. Click again, same thing, only now the window does not move because it's already where it wants to be.

Hey, I just noticed that when I mouse-over Features, I see in the status bar the URL of the window I'm in, followed by "#features" whereas if I mouse-over Community, the status bar remains empty. Tried it from a different page, and the behavior is the same. Mouse-over Features always shows the URL of the window I'm in in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window.

Mouse-over on Prius Accessories behaves the same, except that "#shop" concludes the URL in the status line.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox. And XP Pro with the latest updates.