1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat.com equivalent for Ford Escape Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cky3396, Feb 28, 2005.

1. cky3396

cky3396 New Member

Hello, does anyone here happen to know of a website for the Ford Escape Hybrid with a decent size community?

Thanks in advance :D

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll soon be launching www.EscapeChat.com in a format like PriusChat. Hopefully we'll get a good following there and create a nice addition to our hybrid community.

I'm not aware of any others for the Escape Hybrid, but will keep everyone updated when I go live with the escapechat.com site.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The founder of the "hybrid_ford_escape" group on Yahoo is working to establish one.

He has discovered that their are certain anti-SULEV and anti-FULL hybrid supporters that take advantage of the weaknesses of a basic forum structure (broken threads, text-only format, etc).

He has also discovered that the massive Escape group (+9,000 members) is very, very anti-hybrid. They use every subtle technique available to undermine the success of any hybrid related topic. By the way, this is what I accussed them of back in December. I got branded as a troublemaker. So I left. 2 months later, the same nonsense is happening to others... proving I was right! Vindication is bittersweet though. I wish there weren't people that fear change so much.

Anywho, you have no idea how much of a blessing PriusChat is until you try to provide support for a hybrid that doesn't have a full-featured forum available to them. It's awful.

Since Ford provides a technology that fulfills my purpose to "significantly reduce emissions & consumption in a reliable & cost-effective manner", I welcome them to the family and wish them good luck.

4. cky3396

cky3396 New Member

oh cool thanks guys. much appreciated... i look forward to a new escape community.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    John, could you put me in touch with that gentleman? I'd love to partner up with him to build a new community.

6. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Part of Jason Siegel's greenhybrid.com has discussions about the Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH) and Honda Accord Hybrid (HA... you get the idea).

There is also a mileage database where any vehicle's fuel economy may be charted.

7. cky3396

cky3396 New Member

that site is very helpful, thanks!

8. sdctcher

sdctcher New Member

First, Thanks John for cluing me in on PriusChat.

I am a Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD owner since last November. We now have about 7,000 happy miles on the vehicle. My wife and I take great pains to get the highest possible mileage. Our record to date on a tank is 34.7 for 439 miles (well above most other reporting parties).

I would love to help others in the expanding Hybrid Community with any information you might want in my area of expertise. Just start a new thread under "Other Cars" and I will jump in. I moderate on several other Hybrid Forums and I may run into one of you new friends there later.

Mike