1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat.com stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mssmith95, May 8, 2006.

1. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I am sure this has probably been brought up before...but if not.

Anyone ever thought about creating priuschat.com stickers (or some sort of logo) that we could attach...say to the rear glass (of course small and tasteful).

It would be fun to see which of all of those Prius out there were in the club.

Maybe in the future, we could include the member # too!

Any ideas??

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are/were some. Pjdemmet used to sell some nice Prius decals and he included a Priuschat.com decal as well...have one on the bumper of my car....can't seem to find them in the priuschat store any longer though....
    Danny?

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 8 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]251784[/snapback]</div>
    I am sure someone can come up with a cool logo...maybe with just the P and the C somehow intertwined in a hybrid type scheme.

Any Graphic Artists out there????

Maybe we can somehow make this a part of registration / donation to keep things solvent here at priuschat.com

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't know what happened to the original PC stickers. They were supposed to be sent to those who donated to the site but I never got mine. Maybe it is time to revive the idea along with PC cards.

5. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ May 8 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]251767[/snapback]</div>
    That is the key.

How about just some small white letters that say,

"priuschat.com"

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ May 8 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]251829[/snapback]</div>
    You know one could get those rear license tag frame & put the PC.com addy and some catchy frase like some of the other sites have done.. Or if you came up with a logo you'd want the PC web addy clearly visable from 20ft back that way you dont have to tail gate to get the addy.. ;)

Examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im sure these have copy rites but one could design something simaler...

LOL, I'd buy one, more advertising for the site!!!! :lol: :)

7. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How about the site logo on a black sticker like this? (Excuse the lousy PhotoShop job. The logo's got a shadow that was difficult to remove.)

8. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ May 8 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]251906[/snapback]</div>
    I like that.

Let's do it.

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 8 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]251842[/snapback]</div>
    Engunneer has some nice license plate frames with the Prius chat logo on them. His is quite nice see my posting on the Lacy Fair. I did not go that way because of the rear camera, and I am reserving my front frame for my Alma Mater. Wait till DaveinOly sees that! Go Bucks!

10. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ May 8 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]252013[/snapback]</div>
    Whats an Alma Mater?

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ May 9 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]252025[/snapback]</div>
    A bountiful mother.

12. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 8 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]252026[/snapback]</div>
    Like a trunk seat you can attach to your front license plate for your mother-in-law? Or does it have something to do with that custom radiator blocker?

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

When I had my Honda Element, I had a sticker on it from the HondaSUV.com group that said "Goongala Goonga" (from Bill Murray's soliloquy in "Caddyshack"- an inside joke to members, that made no sense to anyone else.) Is there an analogous saying that captures the spirit of PriusChat?

14. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Regarding my proposed "logo on black" design: Naturally, we'd ask for the logo without a shadow, to make it look good.

And I'm thinking about a white outer border, perhaps 1/8" wide, so that on black cars it defines the rectangular shape of the sticker.

Other thoughts: Make it a parallelogram, with the ends slanted to match the edges of the first and last letters. Makes it look a little bit speedy. Like this? (Shown on gray background so you can see the white border.)

15. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You could do something really simple and unobtrusive, if the goal is simply to identify yourself to other PriusChat members. Maybe just a small vinyl decal that could be applied to glass or the rear of the car next to the other emblems with the letters "PC".

16. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Naw, that would offend us Mac fanatics.

Or it could be interpreted as "Politically Correct" by some.

17. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, that doesn't really concern me that much...

j/k :)

18. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ May 9 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]252199[/snapback]</div>
    I think there's no point in JUST identifying ourselves to others without going the small extra step of spelling it out and thus possibly turning on other Prius owners to the site. Luckily, the name was well-chosen enough to be self-explanatory to anyone seeing it.

The white border looks OK to me, Rick.

Since a move like this should have the site administrator's blessing, what I'd suggest is a poll offering two choices: a sticker and/or decal (another issue!) OR a license plate frame. I'd like to see what proportion of members would be more likely to buy/use one or the other.

Many don't like putting ANY decals inside ANY windows. (Then you've got the issue of getting EVERYONE to put them in the same location.) Others won't put on ANY exterior stickers. And some already have a favorite license plate frame they might not want to replace.

I personally favor a license plate frame. It can move from Prius to Prius, and its location is guaranteed. :D

19. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Hey, howabout you somehow add your screen name to the sticker?

Everytime I see a Prius, I wonder, 1. if they've come across this site, and 2. if they have, who are they? ...and what would they think if they knew the guy in the suit and tie in the Prius next to theirs was the Squid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]252356[/snapback]</div>
    So that was you!! :huh: