1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat.com

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by markymo01, Nov 26, 2008.

1. markymo01

markymo01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Two questions:

(1) In what city is the server for the chat forum located?
    (2) Where are the online orders shipped from?

Thanks

Mark

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    are you planning a terrorist attack on priuschat?..

my guess is.. it's not very close to us! east coast or central.

3. markymo01

markymo01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL, no!

Just curious. Sometimes when I log into the chat room it is very slow. I live in California and wanted to know how long I would have to wait for my order to arrive?

Thanks

Mark

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think some orders ship directly from Danny, who's located in North Carolina. But some items ship from the manufacturer/wholesaler. As to how long it'll take depends upon if the item is in stock, if it's a holiday, who's on vacation, etc.

I don't know where the server is physically located...I'm sure there's some way to get online and find out.

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Most chat forums are hosted by large server farms. With redundant technology, you may find the chat forum is hosted in multiple locations.
    Delays are more likely to be influenced by network traffic and bandwidth issues than distance.

6. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Mark,

I've bought a couple of things from the shop; they've all been drop-shipped from bigger distributors/suppliers. I can't say for sure that all transactions are handled that way, but I'd think it would be good guess.

Response times have been on the order of five to ten days.

With respect to the forum speed, if you're using DSL and you're only having performance issues some of the time, you're likely competing for bandwidth on your shared circuit with someone who has a download habit of some nature. Latency caused by distance is fairly rare in this country.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    *Moved to PriusChat Website Questions*

It depends what you order. Again PC is just the middle man so some things do take time to come in. If you really want to know, you can always PM Danny and ask about your order.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    All of the products that we ship directly from NC are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, so they usually arrive within 2-3 days after shipment. (we try to ship the same day, but sometimes there is a business day of processing)

Currently we are shipping DICE unit, ScanGauge IIs, and Side Body Moldings from our location.

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I note that Danny did not disclose the location of PriusChat.com. When I ping PriusChat.com it shows up as 67.227.135.51 and has an average RT time of 107.597 milliseconds. Google.com has an average of 56.627 ms RT. If you put the PriusChat.com IP address in a Google search field, domaintools.com says that the dedicated PriusChat.com host computer is in Hillsboro, Oregon, owned by Liquid Web Inc. I'm about 40 miles from Hillsboro, so why isn't my RT ping speed faster, and why does it take 15 hops to get there?

Lots of interesting information about PriusChat.com on the domaintools page, such as over 40% of visitors are from outside the US and about an eighth are from Japan.

But Danny needs to update his whois records...