1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Donations

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Alnilam, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There used to be an informational topic on donating to PriusChat: how to, contribution levels, rewards, etc. I can't seem to find it. Can anybody lead me there?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Make checks payable to Tony P Schaefer.
    Place them in a mailbox. The postal carrier knows where I live. :D

Actually, you're right. I think the actual contributions page is down right now. If you're hard-core set on making a donation, you can PM me and I'll give you Danny's home address. Or I think he has a PayPal account.

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually I think a number of people want to Donate to the cause- how can they do it?

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll be setting up a new contribution page very soon - as soon as we get out of the woods from the server stuff.

I appreciate the donations that PC has received in the past and the kind members who are looking to donate today. I'll let everyone know once the new donation stuff is setup!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just as a thought, let's say that before you close each window in which you're reading a thread ([Shift]+[click] in IE or [Ctrl]+[click] in Firefox) you click on that banner ad or Google ad. Danny receives some kick-back for the click-through traffic. I'm sure he would appreciate if we started clicking through on a regular basis.

6. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 29 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]325608[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm one of those who did donate, some time ago, and noted your message about receiving "all kinds of free stuff." I never received so much as a free "Thank You." You can't be that overwhelmed with donations. It just leaves a funny taste in my mouth.

7. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 21 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]336235[/snapback]</div>

Same here, but I really appreciate and enjoy the site, regardless

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i also donated but never because i wanted or expected anything back other than this site. how much do you value your time??? for the time that Danny put into this site, i feel that i underpaid my donation by a significant margin despite choosing the most expensive option

9. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Oct 27 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]339280[/snapback]</div>
    That's not the point. An offer was made. I would have given without the offer but what's the point of making one if you have no intention of honoring it?

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 29 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]325608[/snapback]</div>
    I'd definitely be willing to forward a donation. The info I've gleaned from this site has been invaluable and it would be the least I could do. Honesly, I'm not aware of any offer, or do I have an expectation, of free stuff...at least, over and above what I've learned.

11. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 29 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]325634[/snapback]</div>
    Good thought. A click on the various Sponsors on the Main page now and then would also help out.

12. gcclarkiii

gcclarkiii New Member

:( :( :( YOU SHOULDN'T NEED DONATIONS AT ALL WITH ALL THE PEOPLE YOU RIP OFF AT THE PRIUS/SHOP - MAN YOU MUST BE RAKING IN A MINT OFF US POOR BASTARDS WHO PAY FOR PARTS AND GET NOTHING.

13. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 16 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]350560[/snapback]</div>
    Look at the last line of Danny's signature above. Doesn't it say, "Please Donate to PriusChat and get all kinds of free stuff!"

In another post he spelled it out according to donation level but that link has now been removed. Why write that if he had no intention of following up? Like I said, I would have contributed anyhow, but now I feel like I've been lied to.

14. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Oct 27 2006, 07:22 AM) [snapback]339280[/snapback]</div>
    I agree entirely and await the return of the contributions page.

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i see how he had offered free stuff and we actually did have free benefits at first. additional storage for files and pix... additional email addys. that kind of stuff. most went on various server changes and what not. but the original asking for donations never came with a promise of anything.

this was back when Priuschat was new, only a few hundred members, very little fame outside our little world and thus, little sponsorship. the money donated then went straight to Danny's time and hosting costs.

now am i going to be unhappy that negotiations with a sponsor did not go as he had planned??

remember back (well of course you dont, you were not here) when Danny tried to get Priuschat shirts for members at a discount??? well to get the quality shirts, he could not negotiate a good price, so that was canned for lack of interest.

16. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Nov 19 2006, 08:07 AM) [snapback]351687[/snapback]</div>
    "Please Donate to PriusChat and get all kinds of free stuff!"

The above is from Danny's current signature. Your statement sounds like Bush saying, "I never said, "Stay the course.""

I was here when Danny made his offer. I was here to send him a check, which is probably more than most have done. I believe a shirt was in his offer at the time. So he couldn't get them at some super price. How much does it cost to get a T-shirt these days? Not nearly as much as I sent him, I think. He might have lost interest in honoring his word but I didn't.

I keep harping on this not because I need a T-shirt but because it reflects upon the integrity of the site, where offers are made and not kept. There have been a number of complaints about Prius Shop. If he can't deliver, he shouldn't offer. That's the problem Coastal has had and they are no better or worse than Danny. I've personally had better luck with Coastal than with him. 2 for 2 vs. 0 for 1.

17. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Sep 19 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]321646[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 21 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]336235[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 28 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]340223[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 18 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]351399[/snapback]</div>
    So, was the idea of starting this topic with your original post a sincere attempt at getting people excited in helping support a great web site, or just laying the groundwork for a snipe? <_<

Naive high school girls misinterpret words and intentions . . . feel lied to . . . have their feelings hurt . . . and ended up with funny tastes in their mouths. :p
    Sometimes good intentions are just that . . . good intentions – and sometimes feelings get hurt. GROW UP! I can't imagine that you planned on donating again . . . unless you are the gullible type . . . or really like that funny taste.

Way to burn bridges with your Passive-aggressive behavior dude! :angry:
    Would you really feel a sense of pride wearing a PriusChat shirt now that you sniped the founder? Or would you just hang it in effigy?

Hmmmm, now where is that ignore button? :rolleyes:

18. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 23 2006, 01:12 AM) [snapback]353425[/snapback]</div>
    Well, Laughing Boy, you didn't address a single thing I said. I don't hold with Hero Worship as you seem to. Evan and Tony contribute considerably more of themselves to this site than Danny, who only shows up on special occasions. If he has achieved Sainthood, then I guess I missed the notice.

The strength of PriusChat doesn't reside in the "founder" but in its members. I don't have passive behavior. I'm saying right out loud that when promises are made they should be kept, by Danny, Coastal, Troy, BT Tech and any others that dwell here seeking our business. Most of these outfits do just fine and I've supported each of them. I've even mentioned my continuing good luck with Coastal, but I don't dump on those who feel they have been treated badly. They deserve the lumps they get when they don't perform as advertised. You like to kiss butt, be my guest.

Read Danny's present signature and tell me what it says. Then put that on "Ignore" as he has. How much and how often have you donated? I've spent nearly $1,500 on this site and its advertisers and, except in this one case, have been very pleased. If I can praise the good, I can point out the bad.

All your simple-minded Smilies remind me of the teen age girls you use as a standard of maturity. Now roll your eyes for us, dude.

19. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Several months back, I just sent $$ via Paypal to [email protected]. It worked.

It takes ALOT of $$$$ and ADMINISTRATIVE TIME to support a huge site like this. Keeping the site running, even though you do not see Danny doing it, takes quite a bit of time. Hackers are always trying to break sites like this.

If you do not want to contribute $$, then click on the "ads by Google" as Prius chat gets a cut of that action.

Be thankful that we have such a site like this - to share in Prius thoughts...

20. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 23 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]353500[/snapback]</div>
    Aggressive . . .
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 21 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]336235[/snapback]</div>
    No, you don't just say “ right out loud†. . . you snipe . . . which is a Passive-aggressive behavior. :rolleyes: