1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat errors

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by subarutoo, May 23, 2007.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can somebody tell me why we are getting so many "Priuschat Errors" all the time moving through the forums? Is the site so popular that it is being overloaded? I noticed it really becoming worse the past few weeks. I love the site, but the Errors are really annoying. I participate on several forums, and never see one that Errors so often, or are we just too popular? Or is it just me?

Is it possible to charge a little for membership, and move to a more reliable or accomodating server?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ May 23 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]448424[/snapback]</div>
    I only get the error message about 1-2 times a week.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It's popular. There may also be hackers involved, though that is less likely. Bandwidth costs money, and the more enthusiasts, the more bandwidth needed. I don't get the errors very often now that Danny has changed service providers.

4. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's been particularly bad yesterday and today.

5. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I have seen a ton of them today, during times I would expect the board may really be busy.

When I banged on the reload key a lot, I kept getting server busy errors. If I waited 15 or 20 seconds, my success rate skyrocketed.

Don't know if the pause was related to the success rate, but it appeared to get me through some rough patches.

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been getting a lot of server errors too. The real problem is that PriusChat is hosted on a hybrid server, and well all know those things are slow. Maybe we can get Danny to move to a big V8 turbo hemi Windows server. :p

Tom

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've noticed this, too, especially lately. It happens just clicking on a topic, in the middle of a post, and even trying to sign out. I should get out of the office more often, anyway. Now that the weather's nicer, I'll go for a walk instead.

8. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Maybe with the cost of gas rising has something to do with people wanting to know if it's really worth buying a Prius. So they check our forums out.

I know that sometimes if try to get on when quiting time comes at work, everyone else is doing the same thing.

IMHO at least that's what I think.