1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat members, tell us what you think of the What Drives Us podcast

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Russell Frost, Feb 9, 2011.

?
  1. Heard the show and I like it

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Heard the show and I do not like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never heard the show, but I listen to other shows

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Never heard the show, don't listen to podcasts

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  5. Didn't know about What Drives Us

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Russell Frost

Russell Frost the whatdrives.us guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey it's Russell from the What Drives Us podcast. I'm very interested to know what you think of our weekly show. We just celebrated the first year of the show and we want to know what we can do to make it better.

Please answer the poll above and leave us some feedback right here in the thread.

Thanks!

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I've never heard the show.
    When I do....I'll report back!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like it. I like how you're expanding to include other fuel efficient cars and other related news articles. The humour is contagious (sorry that I can't live up to the levels that you guys sustain. I'm not as quick-tongued). I haven't listened to the one with Doug yet.

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Aloha Russell,

I have only had the chance to listen to one episode of WDU # 48 so far and boy was it a doozy. That was one hell of a show talk about making first impression you all blew my doors off. I voted listened and liked it. I do subscribe to a couple of other daily and weekly podcasts, sometimes to many depending on my schedule. It seems like you all have a good fun and topical show going.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know how I'll vote, Russell. :)

I love the show! This reminds me I need to visit the Facebook page with a suggestion I have...

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    None of the poll choices seems to be right for me.

I've only listened to a few eps. Of particular interest were the ones w/Doug Coleman or the one where Danny got 1st dibs on the PHV Prius at a sustainability conference. Of the few of the rest I've listen to they ranged good to meh... If they have some subject matter that really interests me, I'll listen. If it or PriusChat Show involves a thread I started or one that I'm really interested in, I'll listen to at least that portion.

I just don't have enough time or motivation to be listening to many podcasts. The only one I listen to now on a regular basis is The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte. There are too many others things to do, listen to or watch.

Side note: Long ago, when I worked on Mac software for a living, I tried listening to a few eps of the Mac Geek Gab. I found it annoying because the hosts spent too much time yammering about stuff that wasn't Mac related (e.g. "how are you doing?" to each other ) and they really didn't have much in-depth Mac knowledge. They'd sometimes make hypotheses or assertions that were just wrong.

I put up my review of that podcast, and at the time, apparently, not too many people found my review "helpful". I suspect many of the listeners were total Mac amateurs and not computer people. So, to them, these gabbers seem like "experts".