1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Mobile! Easy to read PC for your mobile phone

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius owners are a group of tech-lovin' fools, so in order to help you feed your PriusChat addiction while you're on the subway, at a bus stop, in the doctor's office - wherever! - I've added a mobile "style". So, now when you type in http://priuschat.com/forums on your mobile device you'll be presented with a light-weight version of PriusChat. You'll be able to post new threads, reply to threads, check and send PMs and other functions you would find on the full version of PriusChat.

When you visit the homepage on your mobile device you'll still see the regular page - I'm working on making that page more "mobile-friendly". So for now just go straight to http://priuschat.com/forums on your PDA or phone.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey. No bad. A little tedious to type so I'll go back to the laptop now.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's not too bad. Well done, Dan-o!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Or not so easy...

I tried to use my Samsung Sync SGH-A707 running NetFront v3.3 browser on the AT&T network to get on. I first got a message saying the page was too big and things might not display correctly. After that I entered my name and password to log on, checked the "Remember me" box, and hit the enter button. After a moment I got an error message: Method Not Allowed The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /404.html. Apache/ 1.3.41 Server at priuschat.com Port 80

The back button wouldn't back up a level. Trying to log in again gave the same result.

5. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Danny --

This has been showing up on my iPhone for a few days, even if I just go to "priuschat.com" Not sure how I feel about it; for very limited web devices, I can see it being a benefit -- but I wasn't able to figure out some things I use all the time on that interface:

1. View My Profile (mostly so I could go back to the threads I've posted to recently)

2. Are all threads shown? This thread is #2-3 on the "new posts" display on my computer, but isn't visible on the mobile interface at all.

Anyway. I'll reserve judgement until I use it more, but it would be really handy to be able to opt out of this feature, since the iPhone does have a reasonably-complete browser on it...

Thanks!

6. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have accidently changed my board format from the default to the mobile version. I went back and changed it to default, but to no avail. I would like mobile version on my phone one day, but for now I really want the default mode back on my laptop. Can you help me? Thanks!

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Pretty cool.

Now I'm waiting for a post like...

I'm stopped at a light and my Maintenance Required light just came on. What does that mean?

Or something like that. :p

8. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for your help. I am still stuck in mobile mode and am unable to access any of PC's features.

9. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Keri, try logging out of PriusChat and then log back in. Does that fix it?

10. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Bill! I logged out and then back in and it worked! I am so glad. I love this Prius Chat and all of the great info and nice people. I log on and read every day and was lost without it!

11. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You are most welcome.

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you ever get stuck in the mobile mode you can also follow this link:

http://priuschat.com/forums/index.php?styleid=1

I fiddled with some settings so it shouldn't be coming up by default for iPhone users anymore. Please let me know if it does.

13. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Works for me -- thanks! :)

Two "blue sky" wish list items for browsing PriusChat on my iPhone are:

1. Instead of just a single greater-than or less-than sign for paging, a whole word would make a much easier touchscreen target. ("<Prev" and "Next>" to match "<<First" and "Last>>"?)

2. A mode where every link was forced to create a new page would actually be very helpful. I use tabs heavily when I'm doing sit-down browsing, and having links on PC spawn new pages on iPhone Safari would let me employ that browsing style on-the-go as well. (I've tried the various bookmarklets that should enable this feature for all links, but without any success.)

14. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i sometimes use my iPhone to browse thru the forums, is it going to be any different?

15. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For the iPhone it shouldn't be any different unless you actively go down to the bottom left corner and select "Mobile Style" from the drop-down.

16. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  17. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been trying for a couple hours to access "My Posts" or "Threads I've Started" my BlackBerry. A couple times in the past I've lucked up and found them - but not today! Can you please help me with the path to follow to these features! Thanks.:D

18. kjconrad

kjconrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for fixing the iPhone view!

19. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is the iPhone/mobile view still working? I couldn't find "Mobile Style" in the lower left.

I got an iPhone 3G late December 08 and recently have been wondering about a more lightweight view, esp. since the iPhone and its connection are much slower than my PC.

20. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^ bump
    Any update on this? I saw the mobile version of the site for the first time today on a borrowed T-Mobile G1 (Google Android phone). I still see the full version on my iPhone 3G (w/o3.0 firmware).

I see no means of switching to/from mobile versions on either device in the lower left.