1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat newbie checking in

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by asaca, Mar 14, 2006.

1. asaca

asaca New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been visiting this forum for a few weeks and noticed the tremendous amount of activity here. Lots of good info and advices so I decided to register.

Went to a local dealer and test drive a Prius couple weeks ago, the salesman was nice enough to let me solo. After about 40 something miles later, I returned to the dealer and ordered one with package#6. Mr. salesman said it will take 6-8 weeks for the new car to arrive. VERY NICE CAR!

If I remember correctly there is info regarding that the NVH(Noise, Vibration and Harshness)is improved on the 06's, and the car is quieter then the 05's. Did anyone actually has a chance to compare the two?

I think the one I test drove is an 05' and it's fairly quiet, hopefully it's even quieter in the 06's.

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got a cheap long term rental on a new 05 Prius (12 miles on odo) for 4 months while my 06 was on order. There is definitely an improvement in 06 noise reduction and handling. The cheap tires are still noisy at high speed and I may switch to Goodyear ComforTreds.

Don't forget to post your Prius year/Package in your signature.

3. flying

flying New Member

:) Just picked up my 06 barcelona red yesterday. I drove my 05 Prius 18000 miles and 1200 so far on my 06 and I can tell that the 06 is definitely much more quiet in all phases of driving. Seems as though the steering is a little tighter also. The one BIG thing that I really like is the much colder air conditioner. The seats also seem a bit firmer in the 06 and all the material a little darker in color. It also seems a bit thriftier in interstate driving and about the same around town as my 05. I love the new barcelona red this year. It is hard to imagine being able to improve on such a great machine. Happy motoring. :lol: