1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Pumpkin Carving Contest

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by sparkyAZ, Oct 25, 2007.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div align="center"> [attachmentid=12196] [attachmentid=12197] [attachmentid=12198] [attachmentid=12199] [attachmentid=12200]</div>

Ok, it's almost Halloween, and the perfect time for carving those big orange vessels of glop.

I tried the "foam pumpkin" method this year and ended up with a pile of tiny foam nanoparticles all over the kitchen table. I know, I know it's just not the same. The REAL pumkin is waiting for this weekend. After a couple hours of hacking away with an X-Acto knife, here's the result of my fake pumpkin carving ordeal:

[attachmentid=12201]

It's supposed to be a pirate ship, though the lighting is not the best.

Let's see what the PC community can do to further the art of the Pumpkin Carve.

Prizes for best design and "execution" include international fame and recognition from fellow PC'ers :D [attachmentid=12203]

Attached Files:

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's our best:
    [​IMG]

Dear Hubby's work of art:
    [​IMG]

In the dark:
    [​IMG]

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't do pumpkins any more.

It makes me sad to watch them rot.

It's kinda wasteful.

It makes me angry when teenagers steal the pumpkin you've slaved over and smash it in the middle of the street. And then to add insult to injury, you have to clean it up.

This year I've resolved to do "pokers" and to use fake pumpkins I can reuse each year. (Pokers are those wooden things on spikes that make eyes, noses, mouths, faces, feet, etc to create a character out of a pumpkin.)

I also have pumpkin lanterns I can put rechargeable batteries in.

And I have a few lovely mercury glass plain pumpkins I can leave out until Thanksgiving.

4. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Oct 24 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]530075[/snapback]</div>
    Kind of like a Mr. PotatoHead (or would that be Mr. PumpkinHead?)

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkyAZ @ Oct 24 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]530085[/snapback]</div>

Exactly.

I have a witch, bat and black cat.

My sister is making me a whole range off characters for mini-size pumpkins as a present for Christmas.