1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat shift

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've noticed a gradual shift in emphasis on the chatline. As more Prii hit the road, and more people get them, some of the novelty is wearing off. What's replacing the "gee whiz" questions are well thought out comments about the state of the world at the end of the age of oil, and the gradually awakening of (some) Americans about the energy crisis.
    The Prius has become a vehicle of change in more than one way.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    you are right Bob. i have learned many things on this forum that came about from a discussion about an aspect of the Prius, or something mentioned in an article about the Prius or the state of automotive affairs in general.

i have always thought of myself as being very concerned about the environment and thought i knew at least a little about most things that can be done to obscure my footprints on this Earth, but i have been turned on to some great ideas and insights that has given me more clues and incentive to do even better.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What's great is the fact that HSD is being taken very seriously now. In the not-too-distant past, many wondered if it really would expand beyond Prius. Now that is pretty much blatantly obvious. The price of gas is rather vindicating too. It makes the justification for such a purpose rather simple.

All that stimulates the desire to learn more, but I think the true underlying cause is that the other automakers have or will be delivering too little too late. Curiosity about what Toyota actually did can be quite a draw.

Then, there is the fact that friends & family are starting to ask well thought out questions of Prius owners. So learning more to provide those answers is the next logical step.

And of course, researching from behind-the-wheel is a pleasing experience. So you can't help but to share what you found afterward.

4. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was reading a recent issue of Motor Trend and had a small piece about Toyota. It interviewed a higher up ( can't remember name or title ) at Toyota in Japan. He was talking about the future of hybrids and said that there will be more models with this power plant. A figure was quoted on what they spend on hybrid technology ( billions )and he said they will continue spending this or more if needed. So it is easy to see that this technology is here to stay and there is no use in keeping ones head buried in the sand.

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

I can say that without a doubt, this car has changed my consumer habits in a few ways.

I've joined up with terrapass (www.terrapass.com) to offset the very little remaining CO2 emissions I put out with my car for the rest of the year.

I've changed energy providers to my home so we are now receiving 100% green energy to power our home.

I've joined up in a few parades of promoting awareness in hybrid technology and cleaner air initatives.

And the list goes on. This car, and this website as well, has changed me for the better in many ways.

-m.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen\";p=\"79193)</div>
    I agree. It used to primarily be a "honeymooner's paradise" where more posts were in the Order Tracking forum than anywhere else on the board. Folks would come and gloat about how well their car was doing, etc etc. Now it has really moved toward being (partially) a place for great conversations about our planet and current events.

7. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    It's cyclical. In a couple of years' time we'll all be oohing and aahing over the Prius Mk III. But for now, we're just chillin'.

8. olends

olends New Member

it is still a gee whiz kinda place for thoes of us who can still only dream