1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat: Silence or Scam

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by drdanj, Sep 18, 2006.

1. drdanj

drdanj New Member

Something more than two months ago, I ordered mudflaps and a sharkfin antenna via PriusChat. For more than two months, nothing happened. I emailed "Danny" several times, he replied with promises. I understand the antenna has to be made, okay fine. Well, where are the mudflaps?

The antenna arrived a few days ago, with two major blemishes from some place called Visaulgarage.com. Looks like they had dimples in the plastic and someone sandpapered the dimples down with two sets of scratches. And they had the gall to deliver the thing? I emailed them and have gotten no response.

So what is up? Why no response from Priuschat or visual garage? Where are the mudflaps? How can anyone deliver a product like the antenna and claim to do good work?

Not trying to badmouth, but at this point, I suggest people be cautious ordering anything.

Dan

2. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drdanj @ Sep 18 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]321405[/snapback]</div>
    I bought both the fin and mud flaps on ebay. Flaps from deland toyota ($28.99)came in less that a week and the fin ($45) visualgarage.com came in nine days. The fin comes from Canada so unless Arthur happens to be coming across the border (which he does do from time to time) It's gotta clear customs as well as be painted.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Something that basic, I ordered my mud flaps from the dealer and got em the next day, same price. I ordered a sun shade on PC and I really would like to support this site as I think its a valuable asset to all involved here, and I'd be willing to order more stuff for my mods on PC from the accessories site, but it does seem like no one's listening.

The only person who ever responds to purchase compliants or threads on there is Brian from the BT stiffening plate, now i'd order one of those from him if I were getting one, but the absence of concern or response I've heard from many members causes me concern.

As a member of Prius Chat, I'd like to know if there's anything l as a member could do to help make the situation better. I like this site, and all the members here deserve to be treated as valued customers.
    just IMHO... :rolleyes:

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You've been waiting two months? Shoot, I had to wait from April '05 to January '06 to get a NAV kit from Coastal. :)

I've only ordered the DICE and it arrived in a timely manner. As for the Sharkfin antenna, I know that darelldd complained and got a new one. Did they charge your card for the mudflaps?

5. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Sep 18 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]321421[/snapback]</div>
    By buying from this chat you are making the chat a middleman. Danny and or priuschat do not make mud flaps etc. The discount is usually because of a group buy which if your timing is off means waiting. I only know this because I caught a response on a thread by Danny a while back. That sort of info should be in a disclaimer somewhere on the accessories page but it doesn't seem to be there.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For what it's worth, in my opinion I don't think there's anything malicious going on, it just seems to take them a while to process orders sometimes.

Why this is, I don't know.

7. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered the BT plate through PC on 9/5/06 and it still hasn't shipped, though they sure took my money right away! :lol:

I've called Brian every few days, and they keep saying they're expecting a new shipment of plates "any day now." Supposedly the plates will ship this week, but they also said that last week. At least someone always answers the phone and they seem friendly.

The PC shop is no amazon.com, for sure. Trying to be patient.... :unsure:

8. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drdanj @ Sep 18 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]321405[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered a sunshade and wheelskin through priuschat, the wheelskin showed up in less than a week, and the sunshade was around 10 days. I was more than delighted, especially considering the shipping charges. It was actually cheaper for me to get the mudflaps locally from my dealer, but your mileage may vary.

9. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered the $3 "priuschat" sticker in April. I'm still waiting. No response to emails.

10. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm still waiting on my sticker too. Ordered mine 5/16/06 :eek: :( I really dont mind because I consider it a small donation if I dont get it plus I can cut my own out here in about a week when my vinyl gets here. I feel sorry for everyone who has ordered one and has not received it. Everything else I have ordered here came with in a few weeks.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered a BT brace approximately a month or so ago.

I never received confirmation and thought fulfillment of my order was taking a while.

I mentioned this in a post here on PC; the next day I received eMail from Danny saying that there can sometimes be a problem with PayPal and people not clicking all the way through the process.

He was very nice about everything and apologized. He assisted with completing and confirming my order, and also suggested that he might be able to expedite things with his supplier.

But...

I haven't heard anything since then.

Honestly, I don't mind in the least. But the waiting process might be made more bearable by providing periodic updates on our orders, especially if there's an expected delay, or a series of orders need to be aggrigated before manufacturing begins, etc.

Seems to me that's a core issue which could be addressed with relative ease, IMHO.

12. Xen

Xen New Member

I ordered both a sun shade and sharkfin and both arrived. The sharkfin took considerably longer, due to painting (as stated on the site).

It's tough when you use outside vendors, but not getting responses sucks.

I'm still not even sure that the fin is painted Super White or not...

[​IMG]

13. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Update on my BT plate order : I paid for it on 9/6/06, and today 9/21/06 they shipped it. So 15 days from start to finish (I don't actually have the plate yet, so maybe I shouldn't count my chickens yet)
    [​IMG]

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xen @ Sep 19 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]321982[/snapback]</div>
    Looks creamy white. Maybe they painted it "Crystal White Pearlescent" which is another white offered in Japan.

15. bradysplace

bradysplace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drdanj @ Sep 18 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]321405[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered a stiffening plate on sept. 2nd and after 20 days still do not have the product. I've learned my lesson. I would rather forgo any discounted price by ordering through pc and just pay for and recieve my product within a reasonable amount to time. Its almost time to get in touch with the bbb or the states att. gen. office. If the product doesn't arrive by the time the amex. bill arrives I will challenge the charge and have it eliminated due to non delivery of product. There is enough bs in the world today - we should not have to put up with this kind of treatment when dealing with "friends"!

16. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am sorry about the delay however we have since received our newest production run of our stiffening plates and will have ALL backorders shipped out by today!!

Periodically I have posted updates on our production status so you might have missed those. I have always tried to keep people updated.

If you have not received your Quantum View UPS notification with your tracking number please let me know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradysplace @ Sep 22 2006, 01:41 AM) [snapback]323259[/snapback]</div>

17. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

I ordered the BT plate, Sharkfin antenna, mud grards, and side heat sheilds at the end of August. The BT plate arrived today. It was the last item on my list. I had hoped to get the BT plate before the 19th because of hand surgery. O well.

The point is that this timeline isn't unreasonable.

I think those that suggest a scam are a a bit impatient. My wife does a lot of mail order stuff and 6-8 weeks for delivery is not unheard of. I am disappointed that my stuff didn't all get here within 3 weeks but most did. I think there is a expectation problem on our part and a order status communication problem with PC. That's what you get when going through a 3rd party. In exchange, you don't have to look all over the place for Prius products.

I don't recall an email to Danny that wasn't responded to. Sometimes it took a while.

Thanks to Danny for all the hard work you do keeping things running in the store as well as PC.