1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Store o.e.m. fog light bulbs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoldPianoGarden, Sep 29, 2011.

1. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've asked this previously in a thread about something else, but no response......so thought I'd try just having its own thread for some help.... I bought the oem fog lights from our PriusChat store. Well, after being installed about 3 months, I already have a bulb out... I'd just as soon replace both of them at the same time, since I have to replace one, so could someone please tell me what type of bulbs I need to get for them? Thanks!!!

2. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    H11

1 person likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That was fast. Were they on all the time? Will you be replacing them with yellow ones or just normal halogen ones?

4. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I used them like driving lights that stayed on all the time.....

Regular ones (white). I bought those angel eye fog lights that I mentioned in another thread (PRIUS ZVW30 Specialty Parts Online Shop - Auto-Style USA - Japan Car Parts JDM Parts), which somehow go around the current fog lights (which I can't imagine how that happens....), and am waiting for their arrival. SO, it'd look weird w/ yellow centers and then the white ring around the outside, althought that IS a thought, for a contrast.....But that probably wouldn't really show up good as a white ring with a yellow center, as far as having a distinct line of demarcation between the 2 colors. It's prob all just mix together into a cream-colored light output! lol.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh ok, yeah that'll do it. They do get pretty hot (I've had steam come out of the Gen 2 ones after driving in the rain)

It's probably for the cool effect after you turn off the lights. The rings will stay illuminate for a while.

6. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you sure those aren't an actual fog light with the ring already attached? I got a similar item from iJDMTOY on eBay and it's a projector fog lamp with the ring around them already attached.

I also picked up a yellow HID kit from DDM tuning to go in them when I get them installed. Yes, I could do it myself, but I don't feel like crawling under my car and having a sore back & neck for a week again. Sometimes, it's easier to just pay someone to do it :)