1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat Store Question of a different type

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stev0, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I put this in the main forum rather than the PC Store forum on purpose, because I figure most people who go there are going there to complain.

Both there and here I've seen a lot of complaints about the store, but rarely see anything good said about it. Which makes sense; if I go to, say, Target and buy a DVD, I'm not going to write them and say, "Hey, that Armies of Darkness DVD I bought actually contained Armies of Darkness, and not the Kevin Federline CD! Good job!" whereas if the opposite were true, I certainly would march down there and demand some action be done.

Let's change that. I want to hear about folks who've had a good experience with the store. As of right now I wouldn't order anything from it based on all the complaints I see, but if enough people give it their personal thumbs up, that will change.

2. stomsf

stomsf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had a good experience! Bought both the DICE iPod interface and the Shark Fin antennae and they both were received without incident. The DICE product isn't perfect but it beats seeing AUX INPUT on the MFD all the time, and the antennae is going to be this weekend's project. It looks like the color matches well but I haven't done the direct comparison yet.

DICE came first about a week after ordering. The antennae took a couple more due to the painting. :D

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I ordered the PriusChat.com decal and sharkfin antenna about 6-7 months ago. I received the decal in about a week. It took about a month for the sharkfin antenna to arrive. I plan on ordering more items in due time. I will be ordering from the shop again as way to help support this site.

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bought a HeatShield sunshade several months ago. No problems with ordering and delivery.

5. mrg

mrg Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Dec 2 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]356673[/snapback]</div>

I have already posted this information elsewere, however you ask for those with good experience to reply here. I ordered BT Tech stiffening plate on 11-10-06 received it in about 10 or so days. I then ordered DICE on 11-20-06 Thanksgivingday or the next day 11-21-06. I received it in about a week.

I do not condone poor service, so I listened to both sides of the stiuation, here. I ordered after hearing several complaints. This is not a store, such as mine where I keep most products I sell in stock. I also offer a service besides my stocking products. Naturally I hear more complaints than I hear compliments. Most satisfied customers do not reply.

You need to allow extra time for this type store. Back orders are always when you want the product now. If you have to have it immediantly try some where else, first. If you can wait, then help by supporting those that are helping us now.

Hopefully email replies will improve now that Danny has some help.

6. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently ordered the sunshield and decals. Both items were received in about 10 days or so, with no problems/issues. Yesterday, I ordered the stiffening plate. I expect it will take a couple weeks or more to receive mine, because of the $20 off special. :)

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I ordered a front windshield heat shield back in the summer. It arrived promptly and fits nicely. No problems with the PC store whatsoever here. :D :D

8. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought the front sunshade through the store with no problems. They also sent me an email to tell me when it was shipping.

9. fphinney

fphinney Member

I mistakenly ordered a 2004 HeatShield sunshade about last July (for my 2006 Prius). I discovered the mistake when I tried to fit it in. It was too big to fit in the area between the dash & sun visors!

I called in & explained my dilemma. The lady that took my call said, "No problem." She said she would ship out the correct model right away & trust me to use the included return label on the wrong sunshade. All of this cost me NO additional fees. I would guess that there are very few businesses that would do that! Can you top this?

10. jmccord

jmccord New Member

I ordered the heat shield and Priuschat.com decal.
    Both arrived promptly with no problems.
    I wish all my online shopping experiences went this smoothly. :D

11. chimohio

chimohio New Member

I ordered the BT stiffening plate thru PC store; got prompt confirmations; and received it within about 10 days. No problems at all.