1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat vs Sharkfin antennas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Syclone, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I expect to buy a sharkfin antenna for my Prius, now that I know where my dealer put the Sirius reciever box (in the right side of the cowl next to the lower glove box). I've been looking at the Sharkfin antenna advertised on Priuschat, and also the unit advertised by Sharkfin antenna.com.

Does anybody know which one A. Is more effective as an AM/FM antenna? B. Has more room inside for mounting a Sirius Sat. antenna?

The unit by Sharkfin has one picture showing the underside, and there seems to be a lot of room. I haven't seen any "underside" pictures of the unit sold by Priuschat. Obviously, I would prefer buying the Priuschat unit and supporting this forum, provided that performance and space considerations are equal.

Thanks, all

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

They are the same. PC resells the SharkfinAntenna unit.

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Jun 21 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]274992[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you!