1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat's First 5,000 Members, Charted

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by TonyPSchaefer, Apr 6, 2005.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just felt like creating a chart of Priuschat's first 5,000 members by date.
    See attachment.

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very impressive Tony. Bet Danny would like to frame/hang this up,you think. :wink: Just wish my stocks at eTrade would look like that, :lol:

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's pretty cool looking Tony, but could you redo it with a linear timeline on the vertical axis...it seems a bit arbitrary. Make every line like 3 months or put a line every month or something easier to see the rate of growth over time.

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any possibility of seeing Priuschat demographics, i.e., distribution shown on a maps with dots or other symbol?

Holes (lack of information) often speak loudly. Where are the concentrations of Prii (and where is there a lack of Prii? As we move forward, will Highlander hybrid ownership parallel Prius ownership? Is there a lack of hybrids in those areas where SUVs are dominant?

5. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rick57\";p=\"79231)</div>
    Yes, yes, and YES!! Too bad there isn't a product like PriusChat Membership HOLDRs. :wink:

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"79351)</div>
    Please ignore... looks like it is almost exactly 3 months b/w each line... :roll: :oops:

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was in a hurry to get off the computer when I threw it together and posted it last night. Then I thought that it would be better if the dates ran along the X-axis and the usernumbers along the Y-axis. I'm working on that idea but have to run to a meeting.

It's not that it's anything dramatic, I'm just doing it for my own sense of closure. It's a nerd thing. I'm sure you understand.

[Edit]
    I've changed the layout of the chart and attached it here.
    I like this layout better.
    [/Edit]

8. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Actually, Tony has a map of dots for the members of the Chicago Prius group. At this early stage, the absence of a dot doesn't indicate much, and the presence of a dot in no way prevents that household from getting a second dot.

[Edit: I really like the graph version 2.0 - what an amazingly steady growth rate! Is that Continuously Variable Membership?]

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been looking to do an interactive map for PriusChat forever, I just have no idea how to do it and have it interact with the forum software.

I'd like to do something like what we have on HiHyChat:

http://www.hihychat.com/forums/index.php?act=membermap

And Tony, the graph is cool, thanks for putting that together. I had a smile on my face last night when I saw it.