1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusXM - 5/13/2004

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Jon, May 13, 2004.

1. Jon

Jon New Member

We currently have 2 kits in stock today. (5/13/2004)

Order by 3pm ET and it's guaranteed to ship the same day!

Also, we are currently offering $10 off the kit for PriusChat users.

Add the greatest option for the Prius to your car! Installation is easy and fun.

-Jon

---
    PriusXM
    www.priusxm.com

2. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

If I had a Prius I would order one today!

Chris

3. Jon

Jon New Member

4. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here - but I believe the two main differences is that the Coastal Kit #1) Doesn't come with a step by step DVD video to show you how everything is done - instead comes with written instructions (supposedly quite detailed) and #2) the Coastal kit does not have a way to mount the receiver in the back of the car. This could've changed since I last heard 3 months or so ago, but that was most recent word I've got.

Also, one of the main reasons I went with Jon - he has them in stock! About a month ago Coastal Dave mentioned being on backorder, and his supplier was on backorder. Of course those kinds of things can change daily, best to check with both companies right before you plan to order.

hope this helps!

-m.

6. Jon

Jon New Member

These are some things that we provide that CD does not:

- A 40 Minute DVD that shows the install from start to finish.
    - A heavy-duty mounting fixture that keeps the tuner in place and prevents damage or rattling
    - Mounting fixtures and instructions of where to put them to keep the tuner wire from interfering with the glove box and further prevents rattling
    - A cleaning swab to mount the antenna properly to your roof.
    - All the phone and email assistance you need.

Also, we keep them in stock and as customers make comments on our kit, we continually improve the things included. CD's kit is sold as is.

I think many agree that the DVD alone is worth the difference.

OH! And we sponsor PriusChat.com!

-Jon

---
    PriusXM
    www.priusxm.com

7. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Does Toyota sell the kit?

If I install it.... does it void my warranty?

or is it something that I take back out to get warranty service?

thanks in advance... just getting cold feet

Chris

8. Jon

Jon New Member

The components of the kit are made by Pioneer for use in Toyota vehicles.

Maybe someone can help me with this, but I am fairly certain your warranty is safe.

The Diagnostic screen recognizes the XM Tuner and even does a test on it.

Actually, I doubt a technician would even notice you have installed XM.

-Jon

---
    PriusXM
    www.priusxm.com

9. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Look at it this way. You change out the speakers in the doors... your Prius a week later fails to start... did the speaker change cause the problem? Well no, it did not.. there for still under warranty...

But you install the speakers and something you did caused the radio subsystem to fail you tell them you changed out the speakers and Toyota service can prove this caused the problem , then you are on the hook.

I installed one with out any problems and did not worry about warrany service.. lots of after market products are installed without voiding the warrany. I think there is a law somewhere that protects the aftermarket installations.

The only big lookout is with the LCD subsystem... i.e. don't throw it around :wink:

Want one... get one... I just wish it would display more than 10 char..

10. Jon

Jon New Member

The 10 character limit is odd.

Other Pioneer tuners come in 8 character limits or 16 character limits. Where did the other 6 characters go?!

I'm currently working on finding out whether the Prius causes the truncation or if the tuner is just limited.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Yeah, the MFD is EXPEN$IVE.

-Jon

---
    PriusXM
    www.priusxm.com

11. xlarimer

xlarimer New Member

I'd just like to re-iterate (and I think I've done it twice here already) that Jon's XM kit is pretty nice and I didn't have much of a trouble putting it together. In fact, I think he has done a bang up job at putting together everything you would need in a nice package.

I have NO RESERVATIONS buying from him at all. And if it means a slight bit more, I'd gladly pay it. He is responsive, if you do have any problems (doubt it) and like he says he sponsors priuschat! :)

My only thing is the XM radio service itself. It does do the job and I have to admit I listen to it everytime I get in the car. (Probably because I pay for it and I'm a bit of a cheapskate.)

I'm looking forward to seeing if Toyota adds this option to the '05 and then swapping the antenna. (That is the most disturbing for me...but where it is placed in Jon's kit [complete with cardboard template!] is adequate and you won't notice it that much.)

12. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Regarding the 10 character limit in the XM display. I believe this really is a limitation of the vehicle's software. The reason I say this is that the standard audio system is designed to support RDS broadcasts, which you may already know are those FM stations that include a carrier signal containing song/artist info. In all vehicles I've used that support RDS, the display has always been limited to 10 chars max. GM stereos use a scrolling display. The Honda Accord factory XM system DOES display longer text strings in XM mode.

Long story longer, it looks like the same MFD display logic is used for XM display as it is for RDS display. Bad, bad Toyota.....

13. frbill

frbill New Member

Jon,

Do you still have kits left? I am hopefully getting my Driftwood #9 on May 28. I would be interested in a kit. The dealer has agreed to put it in for me as I barely have the time to do what I am supposed to due much less anything extra. Many thanks for your reply.

Peace,

Fr. Bill Kessler

14. Jon

Jon New Member

Fr. Bill,

We sold all our kits yesterday, but we have a few sets of parts on order and they should show up on Friday.

Just place an order through our site:

http://www.priusxm.com/order.html

and the kit will ship as soon as it comes in.

-Jon

---
    PriusXM
    www.priusxm.com