1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Privacy Glass?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Grocked, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Grocked

Grocked Green Patriot

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is privacy glass part of a Prius package? How much would it be to install it in a new 2008 Prius? Thanks PC!

2. livininspirit

livininspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Privacy glass? i thought usually those meant tinted windows? The only part of the Prius that comes tinted is the little rectangular glass panel toward the bottom of the hatch door.

If the dealer is going to install tinted windows for you, prepare to pay a whole bunch. I just got mine tinted yesterday for 180 at Riverside, CA.

I dont' know if I answered your question... :confused::)

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Actually the rear side and hatch glass is lightly tinted, so it could be called "privacy glass". You can certainly get them tinted even darker. Phone around for a price. Be aware, in most jurisdictions, you must leave the drivers side and front passenger windows as well as the windshield untinted, or in some places, tinted below a certain percentage.

4. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Privacy Glass" on minivans and SUVs looks to be about as dark as 15% tint from the outside. I have some 35% tint on my Prius and it's way lighter than the factory "privacy glass" on our two SUVs.