1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Private Sale of 2006 Package 7 (with WL,EF,CF,GN)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by gioffre, Jul 19, 2006.

1. gioffre

gioffre New Member

Hello all,

Long time "lurker" , so THANK YOU to everyone here for the great tips and discussions.

I am contemplating selling my Prius, depending on demand for this auto at a reasonable (i.e. high return on my investment) selling price.

I absolutely LOVE the car, and the only reason I want to sell it is because of the color. I am partial to red cars (my last 2 cars were also red), but when the dealer gave me the option to take silver or wait 3 more months for Salsa Red, I went with the silver.

All in all Silver is a nice color because it hides dirt so incredibly well, but it's just not as appealing to me as red. Since I plan on driving this car for at least the next 5 years, I'd like to switch over to red if possible.

I have another car to drive so if someone wants to buy this one, there's no waiting for you, as I will drive my other car while I order and receive my new Prius.

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CAR:

Picked up 2-JAN-2006
    Currently 8,400 miles on the odometer
    Seats were completely scotch-guarded during first week (spotless interior)
    All interior plastic surfaces treated many times with 303 Aerospace Protectant
    All 4 interior mats and cargo mat protected with ExactMats (plastic mats)
    Exterior ALWAYS hand washed and waxed (never seen interior of mechanical car wash)
    5,000 mile service performed by Toyota dealer (at 4,998 miles) with Mobil 1 Oil
    ALL service and fueling records kept from day 1
    Always garaged
    Lifetime average = 49.10 m/gal
    I also purchased the Platinum 6 Year/100,000 Mile/0 Deductible Plan

I have not had one single problem with the car. :)

I take care of my vehicles (especially this one) and the car is in better shape than when it rolled out of the dealer lot!

:unsure: So now the tough part. Is anyone willing to forego the long dealer wait and pay close to retail for this car?

The MSRP for the car is as follows

2006 Prius: $ 21,725.00
    Package 7: $ 5,730.00
    WL (Wheel Locks): $59.00
    EF (Rear Bumper Applique): $65.00
    CF (Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat): $186.00
    CN (Cargo Net): $49.00
    Delivery: $580.00

TOTAL INVOICE PRICE: $28,394.00

Asking: $28,000

Will Add the ExactMats for $100
    Will transfer the Platinum Warranty to you for $875

The car is located in Southern New Jersey.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You forgot to factor the $3,150 tax credit in your equation.

3. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 19 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]288934[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, but nobody gets to claim that if the OP sells the car. The OP can't claim it because he doesn't own the car long enough, and the buyer doesn't get it because it's not "new". This will all work itself out soon when the credit goes away...

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Jul 19 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]288973[/snapback]</div>
    That is what I was subtly hinting. One can buy a comparably equipped new car for almost $3 grand less than the OP is asking.

5. gioffre

gioffre New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 19 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]288991[/snapback]</div>
    Some (like myself) are in the situation already where the AMT means you can't take advantage of the tax credit, so for them it would just be a way to get a Prius quickly. Others (we've seen them on PC) just can't wait for whatever reason, so they would forego the tax credit.

If you are looking at ALL of the numbers in the equation, I end up losing money in any case as I don't get to recoup the sales tax paid on this vehicle and will have to pay sales tax again on the next one. Gotta love how the government always seems to profit off of everything!