1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem answering phone call while during nav route 06.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marcovi, Jul 13, 2006.

1. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi Guys,

I just bought a Prius 06 fully loaded with NAV. I have a software glitch and would like to know if other people experience the same problem.

After entering a destination and on nav route if someone calls me and I answer the phone through bluetooth (screen for phone changes) but if I want to toggle back to Map Screen (as before through map on the wheel), the nav voice commands cuts my existing conversation and then I can hear the person on the line after computer finishes saying part of the destination. Do anyone is experiencing this? Is there a fix?

Thanks

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marcovi @ Jul 12 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]285479[/snapback]</div>

Well, I am not exactly clear on what you are saying. But I can confirm that the NAV voice commands do override the phone...because if they did not, you might miss a turn and the guidance would be pointless. I do believe that there are some settings, like Guidance volume...but I will have to check tomorrow to see if there is one that does not allow the Guidance to override your conversation.

3. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 13 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]285481[/snapback]</div>
    Here is the problem again to make myself clearer

1. You input a destination address. Nav is guiding you.
    2. Someone calls in, screen changes from MAP Guidance to Phone and displays name.
    3. If you click MAP button on the steering wheel to go back to Map Screen so you dont miss an exit while on that same call, the voice from the computer interrupts your conversation. try it.

This only happens when toggling between MAP SCREEN AND PHONE SCREEN during a phone call.

I Hope that explains a little better the problem. I have a brand new 06

4. mrinella

mrinella New Member

Pressing the MAP button while the navigation system is guiding you always repeats the last instruction. This happens whether or not you are on the phone. Nav guidance overides voice and you basically have to wait it out until it is done talking to resume your conversation. It is annoying and it would be nice to have the choice of how that button behaves when on a call.

5. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mark Rinella @ Jul 13 2006, 02:04 AM) [snapback]285502[/snapback]</div>

I have a fully loaded 05 and this problem does not happen.

6. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Any suggestions? Is there a fix?

7. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Any suggestions? I have tried turning off voice guidance and still interrupts conversation. This a software glitch because on 05 I didnt happen. ;)

8. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marcovi @ Jul 14 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]286588[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. I assume they purposely re-programmed it this way because they felt it more important for you to hear the voice guidance so you do not miss a turn. You can always ask the person on the call to repeat what they said, with no harm done...but if you do not hear the guidance and miss a turn you can not get that back.

I'll admit it would be nice to have this as a user selectable feature, much like you can make is so the Voice Guidance does not override the radio.

Mike

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Does the same thing happen when you press the MAP button that's next to the MFD? I'm sure it would, but just checking.