1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem Logs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by JenVanVooren, Jul 18, 2007.

1. JenVanVooren

JenVanVooren Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is there anywhere that logs the information if there is a problem with the car? We are trying to prove that the used 2005 Prius we bought had an existing problem, and the dealership ignored it. My hope is that if there is a date in a log somewhere in the car or comes up on a scan that states the problem started before we bought the car. I can prove that the dealership didn't scan the car like their policy states or the did and decided to sell us a car that was going to need a $1000 worth of repairs in two months.

Thanks for the help
    Scott

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

all warranty repairs are on the Toyota tech info line, it's done with the VIN. Non warranty repairs won't be on it.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Scott, if the dealer wasn't going to fix a problem they would clear the codes before delivery. Can you go to a different Toyota dealer and ask them to pull the service records? Repairs & maintenance done elsewhere (unlikely since the car is just out of warranty) are probably impossible to trace unless you know where they were done. I've been reading your thread. Very discouraging. Good luck.