1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem removing key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by faucault, Apr 12, 2008.

1. faucault

faucault New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

For some reason, I sometime have a problem removing my key when I park the car. The key will simply not get out of the slot. I usually start the engine again, wait a bit and then park the car and I can remove it. Am I the only one with this issue or is there something I don't understand?

Please help!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you have the Smart Key System? If so, you don't need to put the fob in the slot.

When you do use the slot, the car must be powered off before the fob is released.

Tom

3. faucault

faucault New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi again,
    I dont have a smart key. It's a regular key. Looks like I'm the only one with this issue, I am doing something bad but I dont know what.

Perhaps someone can tell me?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you park the car, do you press the POWER button to turn the car off (IG-OFF)? If the car is powered off and you have trouble releasing the fob from the slot, then you should visit your dealer with that complaint.