1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem uploading jpegs

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Syclone, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    3 or 4 moths ago all of my computers started to show a blank screen when I attempted to upload any JPEG's, except for ones 25 K or less. I browse for the file and click on "add this attachment" and the blank screen comes up next. This never happened in the past.

My question is: what is the upper limit of file sizes that the site will accept. I've emailed JPEG's that I couldn't upload to other people and they don't seem to have a problem.

What did I step in? :unsure:

By the way, I tried to include a JPEG with this post. It wouldn't load. In addition, when I tried to preview this post initially, I got a blank screen until I removed the JPEG in the browse window.

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Dec 17 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]363521[/snapback]</div>
    I am having the same problem.

Something about PC has changed and there has been no notice. Some (or perhaps all) of us have been given a limit of 2.01k for the size of our attachments. For comparison, the typical Avatar is 50k.

Must one make a $ contribution to get a higher limit or are we expected to place our pictures online somewhere else and then simply use the URL of that other site for the attachment?

We need instructions.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I altered a couple settings...try something again in this thread.

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Dec 17 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]363528[/snapback]</div>
    I am still getting the 2.01k "Global Space Left:" limit. It is where it has been just to the left of the "Choose File" selector in the box called "File Attachments" on the page where I am typing this reply.

5. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Here goes. this one is 31k That's my grandson.

[attachmentid=5935]

Attached Files:

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    AAAAAHHHHHHhhhhh

Take it back. For the love of God, take it back!!

7. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Even when I reduced the size of my photograph to less than 2k (that is about 1/4 inch square) I got the followinig error message at the top of the page on which this message was typed (that was before any text was added):

"THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
    The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

Please supply instructions