1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with Coastal Lockpick and 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by wolverine, Feb 13, 2008.

1. wolverine

wolverine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just installed the Nav bypass from Coastal on a 2008 Prius Touring. It worked - too well. It would never come out of bypass mode, so the map would only update every 10 to 15 seconds. Made my Nav useless for navigating to an address on a busy street or catching the right exit off of a freeway. Naturally, an e-mail to Coastal about this problem has gone unanswered for days. I took the bypass off about 30 minutes after I'd put it on.

As far as a Nav bypass goes, and the 5.1 file you can load on a new DVD, has anyone tried to decompile the C program that is the LOADING program? (I forget the extension; something like WRI, but it's not WRI. ) It would seem that if we could hack the object code, that would be a much better (although just as illegal as copying the old LOADING file) solution. The program is definitely written in C, tho I don't know if it's MS C 5.1 or a newer, OOP version. I'd do it, but I'm working in Linux now.