1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with fan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mwok86, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mwok86

mwok86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I turn on the fan (auto mode is turned off, eco mode, lowest speed), it is always blowing at my feet instead of upwards? If I set it to upwards, then I shut off the car and turn it back on, its blowing downwards again. Is this a defect?

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, it seems to be the default value for the system when not on 'Auto'.

I tend to leave it on Auto, but with the A/C button turned off, and then it seems to remain there, as I always use either the Auto or Off button. When I get warm, I just turn on the A/C button.

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You might want to check to see what temperature your "auto" temperature is set to. If you lower it (well into the 60's or to its lowest setting) the air might "default" to blowing to your face. This might happen even if you are not using the auto function.

Give it a try, I think it works.

4. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes it's a defect. If you do this more than 100 times next time you turn it on very sharp knives will fire out of the air vents and into your face. Recommend you get recall CA38 applied to the car ASAP. There is already a lawsuit over this, don't be another Prius knife-face victim!

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Your sarcasm suffers from Smiley Atrophy Disorder, the smilelys get rarer and rarer until they disappear all together. In severe cases like yours, unwitting victims may be unaware when advice ends and sarcasm begins. Don't be SAD, use a smiley! :p

6. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is it bad if I say that part of the amusement I derive from my sarcasm (and believe me, others have accused me as you have) is knowing that people are not immediately aware whether I'm serious or not?

And I'm being serious now. I think. Here's a smiley face in any case: :)