1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with My Delivery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Mar 14, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Tideland BC was delivered today and it was filthy. Not the outside -- that was clean and just wiped-down. The interior was an entirely different situation. Dirty and maybe greasy. Both front seat, rear driver side, center console, etc.

My wife had the delivery person (who was very courteous and I'm sure not responsible for the car's condition) document where the dirt was on the Bill of Lading. When I contacted the carrier, DAS, regarding this probelm, their solution was to offer my a $30 credit to my bill to "clean" the car. When I explained this was not an acceptable solution and that I'd accept nothing less than the car being returned to the pristine condition in which the dealer turned it over to the carrier, I was told this wasn't a claimable situation because "there was no real damage", it just required some cleaning.

I proceeded to explain that failure to remedy this problem would require me to contact American Express and seek legal resolution.

Am I overreacting? I paid a premium to use a carrier that has a better reputation than most and this is the result.

I'm attaching a few pictures to give you all an idea of what I came home to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    GEEZ!!! You aren't over reacting...much. That's really bad and you certainly deserve reimbursement for a very through cleaning/shampoo and probably sealant of some sort.

I'd work my way up the chain at the carrier and ask them to agree to you getting 2 or 3 estimates at detailers of your choice and they reimburse the entire cost.

If they won't then I would contact AMEX and whoever else seems reasonable, including whoever hooked you up with that carrier, the state of origin's Attorney General, etc.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Yes, they should clean it up. At first read, before seeing the pictures, I was thinking perhaps shifts in the nap direction may be having you think it was dirty, but clearly it is dirty. Fortunately for them, the material is easy to clean, so a simple upholstery cleaning by a detailer should do it.

4. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, Evan and Dan.

Went to a detailer on the way to work this morning (50MPG for my 15 mile commute!!!! :D ) and he was confident it could be cleaned to new car delivery state. Called DAS with the quote ($85 + tax) and offered them pics. They're to get back to me by 5PM.

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Make the dealer clean it. It's not your responsibility. They should be ashamed of themselves. I bet Toyota corporate would be thrilled to find out a dealer is delivering a filthy car with their logo in it. They chose the carrier, not you. It's simply not your problem.

Tell your loan holder you have not received a car in acceptable condition. They may contact the dealer since it is "their investment," too.

Warning: if the dealer would use this carrier, can you imagine how they will service the car, especially a warranteee repair? You might want to shop for a better dealer.

6. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Be respectful but firm, never use a profane word but keep moving up the food chain with in the transport company until you get satisfactory response. If you used Amex to pay for the service contact them also. The transportation company should also have insurance to cover this situation press them for the agents name. Good luck!

7. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Who directly paid for the transport, and who selected the company? I really don't think yuo shold be put out-- the dealer owes you a car in normal condition, and hasn't fulfilled that part of the bargain.

The risk if you choose to clean it is that it doesn't come out, then these skunks will blame you for it.

8. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Worst case scenario, if it isn't cleaned to factory standard (i.e. doesn't look like it was cleaned) I think you do have a claim for full reupholster by a Toyota dealer in original fabrics, or some monetary reimbursement for doing the same.

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Toyota Customer Experience Service Line : (800) 331-4331 x33

This is not a Toyota issue. But I believe they should hear about the condition in which their vehicles are being presented to new owners. I suspect they would never let a dealer hand over a car in that condition on the lot and certainly do not want one dropped off at your house like that.

10. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you all. The transport company credited me back the cost of detailing and the detailing took place today. They did a great job.

A big thank you to Victor at Bay Breeze Car Wash!!!

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good, glad that they made things right. Now, go and REALLY enjoy your new car!