1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with my signature line

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jpadc, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay I have a weird problem that I find very odd. When I look at what my signature line says in the Control Panel. It shows what I typed which is:

"If you want to know my reputation, read my past posts and judge for yourself."

However, even today it appeared incorrectly after I posted a reply to a thread - (e.g., http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...13-changing-engine-coolant-2.html#post1052177) it displays as:

"If you want to know my reputation, read my past signatures and judge for yourself."

What is that about?

2. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why even posting the previous item, it shows up correctly when I "preview" it, but wrong when it ultimately posts?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, I have no idea, in the admin panel it has the word "posts", but sure enough, 'signatures' is what's showing up. No idea why.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Obviously some piece of the site's software is converting the text. Why? Who knows.

Tom

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's weird. Must be some sort of caching. Give it 24 hours and see if it changes.

6. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, that would be a no. I'd actually set that to be my signature back when you put the reputation button up for a bit. So the caching thing seemed a bit unlikely. BTW: Thanks for backing off that (at least for now)... Perhaps you can tell I was not a fan.

Its odd that it shows up properly when I do a "Preview Post," but then changes when I do "Submit Reply." I will leave it there for now and hope that you will submit a bug report to vBulletin about it. Thanks for being so responsive about the issue.

Well, at least the next time I post something that sounds really stupid, I can claim that the website changed my words. So what's the rest of you guys' excuse?