1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with Prius telephone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by saluppp, Dec 14, 2007.

1. saluppp

saluppp New Member

I have registered the 2 bluetooth phones into the Prius system.
    I can see both Cell Phone ID's on the prius screen for Phone 1 and Phone 2. (Phone 1 id = 001c12eebc9f) (Phone 2 id = 001c12360caa)

I installed phone 1 and phone 2 in that order. Now it only recognizes the Phone 2. It says on startup with the Phone 1 in the car that the link to the bluetooth phone was unsuccessful. It recognizes Phone 2 ok.

Prius 2004 with all the upgrades

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Suggestion

Try rebooting the cell phone. Sometimes my Prius does not connect with the cellphone the 2nd or 3rd time that day If I turn the cellphone off and back on, the Bluetooth connection will get made.

So it may have nothing to do with the 2 phones. Or it might.

3. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bluetooth

RTFS.
    Bluetooth will only manage one phone at a time--that's why there are multiple profiles. Once you set up the profile you have to tell your phone to automatically seek it for sync-up. At least, that's what I have to do.

When I turn the car off and go into the house, it takes about 3 minutes before the phone stops looking for the HandsFree of the car. The profile should be stored in your phone when you set it up--this is something you have to accomplish on the phone.

When you connect a profile from HandsFree, that profile will become the active profile. You need to tell HandsFree you've got a different phone should you change it. The Prius does alot of things, but it doesn't read minds. Lucky for some of us, too...

Finally, different phones have different Bluetooth features. Check the compatibility listing provided by Toyota:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

hope this helps.

4. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Based on your description, I would suggestion you check the following:

(1) If you had both phones present inside Prius on start-up, and it failed to link with phone1 but OK with phone2, then...
    -> make sure the Bluetooth of Phone1 is turned on by default, and auto-connect is on also.
    -> if it still does not work, try delete the profile of Phone1 in Prius and re-establish the setup again.

(2) If you had only phone2 inside Prius, then it is normal. Prius tries to look for Phone1 but it is no where to be found. So, it went down the list to try the next phone to connect (phone2 in this case). Prius remembers this connection, and it will try phone2 first on the next start-up.

I hope this help. If all in vain, your phone1 might have problem with Bluetooth.

5. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Solution

saluppp,

The bluetooth phone system in the prius only recognizes one phone at a time, the one YOU select. Since you entered the 2nd phone last, that is the one selected by the system. You need to use the display screen, go thru the various telephone screens until you get to the screen that displays both phones. One is highlighted and one is not. The one highlighted is the current selected phone that is connected to the bluetooth system. Just select the other phone symbol to highlight it if you want it to be the bluetooth phone for the prius.