1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem With Starting Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TwelveInchPrius, Jun 15, 2006.

1. TwelveInchPrius

TwelveInchPrius New Member

Have you ever had any problem starting up your Prius and getting it ready for action? :rolleyes:

2. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sometimes my hand gets ahead of my foot and I press START button before my foot is on the brake. That will keep it from starting. But that's my fault. Other than that, no.

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm with Aunt Bee on that foot thing. It is pretty easy to see that is what you did.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Four Priuses, never a problem (except for it not going into Reverse the first time I try it occasionally).

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Another Prius=Penis joke disguised as car question in FHOP? :rolleyes:
    OK, I'll play along. :D

I'm experiencing no crank problems myself. Even on cold mornings it jumps to life and easily warms up for the task at hand, er, um . . . deliver the goods to their destination. :mellow:
    It comes to life every time with just a very light touch . . . and often, it starts in stealth mode! Sometimes it can startle people . . . a large, massive object like that seemingly appearing out of nowhere. :eek: ;)
    Yep, mine seems to work best when used regularly, receives proper lubrication, is kept clean, and has regular check-ups from those who know the working of this complicated machinery. I also don't abuse mine by driving it down dirt roads. Nor do I adorn it with non OEM parts or add-ons.

Sound like you could use some help in that department if you are having problems getting started.

[​IMG]
    http://icq.nascar.com/