1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with volume control for radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ernie1, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ernie1

ernie1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The volume control knob located on the front of my radio works intermittently. I have a 2008 Prius Touring model. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? The control on the steering wheel seems to work okay.

2. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. jawall

jawall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same thing happened to me today, so I searched and found your post. I own an '06 and so far I've found three other threads on this topic but I can't paste them here because I'm new. I tried putting them in the trackback.

I'll be looking for others to email to Toyota, and I'm still looking for a solution. Right now, in addition to the volume nob not working, the sound system power button isn't working and the sound system is stuck on. The steering wheel buttons all work.

If anyone reads this and has a useful link or a solution, please post.

Thank you!

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    With the car off, turn the volume knob full counterclockwise and then clockwise several times. I do not know if these are like the older style pots but if they sit in one position for long periods of time they build up a resistance. Turning the knob back and forth several times will help wipe and clean the connections points.

Worth a try.