1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems/bugs Toyota is working on to resolve issues with the Prius Plug-in ordering site

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Paradox, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I want to share some bugs Toyota is aware of and working to try and resolve as well as some helpful hints and other concerns which are still be working on.

SOLD OUT MESSAGE ON ORDER SITE
    The order site will momentarily appear with a "sold out" message, then resolve to the order site homepage. The amount of time the sold out message remains varies based on your internet connection and the traffic volume at that moment. Our team is working on resolving the issue. As mentioned above, as of recently, no states are sold out.

LOGINS - Two known issues and some solutions/advice from our tech team:
    1. Users may experience "caching issues" with their login, where users who previously have logged into the registration site can error out upon accessing order site.
    RESOLUTION: They can login again by:

• Clearing their browser cache

• Use hotkey (HOLD DOWN: Control_Shift_delete) and clear cache and temporary internet files

• Use a different browser to access order site

2. We are aware of a few reports that some users are not able to authenticate using their username and password. Please stand by for a fix. In the meantime, userscan call our Customer Experience Center if they want to log their issue so we can help communicate when there is a resolution.

BROWSERS:
    We have known stability issues with Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 6. For any customer with these browsers, please have them try on ideally Firefox, or IE 8 or Chrome.

BUSINESS vs INDIVIDUAL:
    If a customer is listed as a business instead of an individual, dealers are having trouble updating the pricing back to the customer. Please call the Customer Experience Center for assistance.

Thurs PM Update from Prius Team:
    BUG UPDATE: The good news, most of the bugs have now been resolved. We are currently still on sale in all 14 launch states (the soldout bug has been taken care of). For those still having challenges with logging in, I'm told the most effective browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox version 7 and up and IE 8.

Please let me know if there are other questions I can help answer.

Thanks,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

2. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Problems/bugs Toyota is working to resolve with the Prius Plug-in ordering site

update:

Toyota wants people to again know that the Prius Plug-in is NOT sold out in any state and that customers can still order the plug-in without any issues

3. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Problems/bugs Toyota is working to resolve with the Prius Plug-in ordering site

Update 2:

Forgot Username / Password

There was an error occurring on the Forgot Username/Password pages when a user tried to reset their password using either a Username or Email Address. This error was preventing them from resetting their password. This issue has been resolved and the error message should not be displaying anymore.

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Update #3

BROWSER SUPPORT:

We have noted some issues with Firefox 6 and below and IE 9. For users on those browsers, we highly recommend trying again on Chrome or Firefox if possible

TO CHANGE A SUBMITTED ORDER

If a customer wants to change his order configuration after submitting the order to a dealer, the customer will need to:

1. Go back to the order site and log-in
    2. Go to the "My Orders" tab and cancel order
    3. Re-submit the order to the dealer with the correct configuration.

CUSTOMER WHO WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION

The order site does not have the ability for a customer to change their contact information. Should a customer need to change their contact information they can:

1. Log-into Toyota Owners Official Website: Service Coupons, Owners Manuals, Service Scheduling and More using the plug-in username and password, and update their information there.

2. If a customer calls the call center, the rep can change their information.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BUG UPDATE: The good news, most of the bugs have now been resolved. We are currently still on sale in all 14 launch states (the soldout bug has been taken care of). For those still having challenges with logging in, I'm told the most effective browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox version 7 and up and IE 8.

Please let me know if there are other questions I can help answer.

Thanks,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.