1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with AT Package Electronics...Freezing?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by tripjack, Apr 17, 2012.

1. tripjack

tripjack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hey all,

I have a brand new Prius V Five with the AT Package, just about 6 weeks old now.

I'm having a recurring problem with the electronics in the Nav unit that's driving me batty.

Sometimes it seems it just fails to boot up entirely or boots up and then crashes or something. It'll play whatever my last selected audio source was and default to the map view, but voice commands are completely disabled (pressing button the steering wheel does nothing), and pressing any of the hard buttons around the screen does nothing, so I can't change audio sources, enter an address or make a call, basically the whole thing is like frozen or something.

It's hard to say how often it's happening, because there are many times I drive where I don't go to use any of those features, but twice now in the past week I've had the issue where I'm driving down the freeway and hit the voice control button to make a call only to get no response, and then that's when I try fooling with the other buttons and find out that the whole unit is unresponsive.

This lasts until I completely power down the car and start it back up again. I'm not aware of any way to power down the unit otherwise, but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or what to do I'm all ears!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would document the conditions when it happened (e.g. how long was it parked outside, outside temperature, what features you were trying to access, what buttons worked and what didn't and of course, you mentioned that shutting down and restarting it works).

Then bring it to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. This sounds a little abnormal.

3. paco-shalom

paco-shalom Veteran Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this thread is pretty old, but the same thing just happened on our 2-month-old 2012 Prius V Five AT. Has anyone else experienced this problem and gotten any resolution from Toyota. I'd be interested if there is a known firmware or software update to address this issue.

To answer the questions posed to the original message, it's about 90 degrees out. The car was parked in the garage (around 80-85 degrees) for about 22 hours prior to this occurrence. The two things that did not work were entering an address for navigation and making a phone call.

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There is a TSB for this issue. Bring it to the dealer and they will update the software version.

5. getthedata

getthedata Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello, Thanks for sharing that there is a TSB. Do you have the TSB number?

6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    T-SB-0096-12. Sorry it took a while....

7. getthedata

getthedata Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you very much. Heading to the dealer as they apparently do not know about this.