1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with Enginer v5 2kw system. Need Help

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by Jassdsu, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Jassdsu

Jassdsu New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had a V5 2kw system installed by a professional in las vegas. He's installed many of these systems on Prius's. I live in Boise- so having him service it isnt realitic.

Problem: Car drives in electric mode as intended with enginer switch turned on. Once you exceed 35mph engine kicks on, and will not go back into electric mode unless you reset the switch. When this problem occurs even if i come to a complete stop the car with not go back in to electric mode. the prius will operate as if te enginer system is not running. The red light comes on next to the switch and will not go off unless i stop, and reset the switch. Everytime i stop and go i have to reset the switch. This has been going on since i received the car from the installer.

All the cells are balanced, batteries are fully charged. The only thing unsual on the readout is that the temp gauge is reading -50 on TM1 to TM4. Can this have something to do with it? Did the gauges get disconnected? I dont know where to begin as i didnt install the system.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Jassdsu,
    I do not think there is an approved installer in Las Vegas. I expect that this Professional stretched the truth a little. I had installed several systems in the Portland Oregon area before I desided that the Quality was not good enough for me to recomend. At that point I generally stopped installing, but I still give free advise.

The Enginer EV was poorly implimented. I never advise using it. I install EV on the Headlight flasher so that it is easy to rengage. So I recomend that you make that change.

Do you have a ScanGauge with X gauges? If not, go buy one and program SOC,BTA,BTV. This is required in order to optimise performance.

I expect you have or will have a balance problem.
    I suspect that your converter may be set at a lower than optimum voltage.

Your thermal couples are not pluged in and so TM1-4 are not working, but that is OK.
    I will PM you my Email address and you can Email me your SD card data. after looking at that we will have a better idea of how your system is working.

Thanks,
    Dan

[email protected] likes this.