1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with installing DICE group buy in 2005 Prius w/Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ahmontgo, Sep 9, 2006.

1. ahmontgo

ahmontgo New Member

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I couldn't find any pics or explanation in any other posting.

I ordered the group buy DICE unit to install in my 2005 Prius with navigation. I followed the instructions in AIC_100i.pdf, but discovered no "extra ports" on the back of my radio. I pulled both plugs that were attached out and photographed them (see first attached photo). Looks like one is a 20 small-pin plug, while the other is a 16 small-pin plus four large-pin plug. Neither fit with the cables sent with the DICE unit (see second and third photos, one is a 12 large-pin plug, the other is a 12 small-pin plug)

Is there a different cable for the ones with the nav unit?

TIA

Attached Files:

2. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You don't need to pull any plugs from the radio. There is an empty port closest to the vent/glovebox side of the radio. Put the DICE cable in there.

You don't have an XM or SIRIUS system, do you? If so, maybe that is using the port. Pull that one, attach the DICE cable in there and chain the XM to the DICE cable.

3. ahmontgo

ahmontgo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Sep 9 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]317200[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks; the port on the back turned out to be smaller and harder to find than I thought, and when you pull one of the existing plugs out it's almost impossible to tell that there's TWO ports there. Additionally, I had thought that you only needed both cables if you had an XM or Sirius system; as it turns out, you need both cables regardless. (The DICE installation instructions are terrible.)