1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems With Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by carguy2000, Jan 6, 2005.

1. carguy2000

carguy2000 New Member

I saw a couple complaints on Autosafety.org about blown or badly balded tires on 2003 prius. Has anyone heard about this problem. I am looking to get one but I want to check out some potential problems first. Thanks a bunch!

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

have a look at John's web site and look for "classic tire's"
    http://john1701a.com

you'll find out all about the "classic" Prius.

3. carguy2000

carguy2000 New Member

Thanks for the site.

So if the tires last for a "shorter than normal duration" has anyone had experience with the dealerships?

Also the guys in the complaints had problems at very low milage (under 5k). Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks again for reading this post!

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

some of the Potnenza's had problems in 2001 and were covered under a special warranty replacement. It's well known that the LLR tires are not long lived. In the 20's is long lived for them.

5. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Just met someone tonight with an '05 with about 4000 miles on it. She had both rear tires blow on consecutive days. Dealer said it was because she parks too close to the curb. The first tire to blow was on the driver's side. Seems to me that there was a bigger problem. Didn't think to ask what tire pressure she uses.