1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale ProClip Center Mount for Toyota Prius 2004-2009 w/ iPhone 4/4S used w/ case holder

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Scifideity, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Scifideity

Scifideity New Member

Sol System, 3rd rock from the sun, make a left
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just traded my 2007 Prius and have a few parts to offer for sale that did not transition with the vehicle.

ProClip Center Mount for Toyota Prius 2004-2009 Item #: 853437 (Retail $29.99)

Apple iPhone 4 / 4S used with a Case - Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel Item #: 511165 (Retail $39.99)

I am only asking $50 for both pieces shipped. (US Only)

Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks

Shawn

2. DTKim

DTKim Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Can you confirm which part number for the clip? The one you listed is for the Gen III... Also, have you been able to use the adjustable clip with an iPhone without a case?

3. Scifideity

Scifideity New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I really goofed that number. I was reading it off of a pic on my phone when I posted this. The correct number for the ProClip Center Mount is Brodit Item No. 853437
    I had it clipped in my 2007 Prius. Just to the left of the screen over the A/C Vent.

The adjustable grip doesn't close tight enough or have any grippy stuff to hold an iPhone 4/4S without a case on it. It's also smooth plastic so there is no grip on the iPhone w/o some modifications. I had some soft padding that I put on the sides that I've cleaned off that I used once I swapped from a larger OtterBox Case to one of their smaller ones. How well it holds and grips is dependent on your case. If you have a rubber case that adds some bulk to your edges then you should be ok but I can't say for sure.

The grips at their closest point are 2.25" in between and 3" at their widest when adjusted.

4. DTKim

DTKim Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Unfortunately I don't use a case... Maybe I can modify the holder? Where are you located? I got lost following your directions.

5. Scifideity

Scifideity New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When i went to a thinner case/bumpers I added some stick on foam from Lowe's that is normally used to insulate pipes. That added the extra bulk and grip and worked well for me. Its about 2" wide and ~1/8" thick. I'm in GA.