1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Product Review: Dunlop Graspic II Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SteveT, Feb 15, 2006.

1. SteveT

SteveT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bought the Dunlop Graspic II's earlier in the season, but it's been so warm this year, I only had a chance to drive them in the snow last weekend up in WI.

The snow tires are mounted on the OEM wheels, and the OEM tires are mounted on new 5 spoke wheels. Tires and wheels were bought from Tire Rack. There was a bit of a problem because they were coming from 2 different warehouses, but they stood by their website shipping price. I have always received great customer service from Tire Rack.

I could not find any steel wheels in the area. I called several dealers, tire stores and junk yards. No one had any, so I bought some new alloy wheels for summer.

The tires were put on in early Dec and have about 2000 miles on them. There was no noticeable change (for better or worse) in noise or handling from the OEM tires.

I can't say if there was a change in mileage because the temperature has been all over the place and my driving pattern is not consistent. Any mileage drop off is not enough to be noticeable.

Handling on snow was very good. I had a couple of opportunities to drive on packed snow roads with some grit. I did some acceleration and hard braking and was very pleased. I would say the handling on snow was as good or maybe better than the OEM's on wet roads.

I am satisfied with the tires. I just hope we get more snow next winter.

Best regards,
    Steve T