1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Products to help avoid door dings???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bossfan, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bossfan

bossfan New Member

I've read about side mouldings, but are there any other products that can be attached to the side of the car that people can recommend that would assist in avoiding this potential problem? (I have already had the invisible bra applied where applicable, but not on the sides.)

Thanks, in advance, for any information you provide.

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For $15 (Pep Boys) I bought a "roll" of rounded black vinyl 1" wide (it comes both slightly thinner and wider). One one of my Priuses I put it on headlight-to-taillight; on the other, just on the doors. The adhesive is excellent and the only slightly tricky part is putting it on straight. I recommend using masking tape as a guide, and sticking it on one foot at a time, standing back every 3 ft. or so to check the overall straightness.

I only have one ding not prevented by the milding, and it's on a wheelwell where it couldn't have been prevented.

3. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jul 28 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]293978[/snapback]</div>
    I sure hope it looks better than what I saw the other day, some very tacky auto store molding running right down the middle of a new Prius. Made me want to cry !