1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Projector Retrofit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by omgitsroy326, Feb 13, 2008.

1. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    has anyone done this?

also if you've put in HID in your halogen housing... could you post pictures and write something about glaring issues...

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Projector"?? What do you mean?

3. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I believe he is speaking of replace the halogen headlight system with an HID one.

4. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yes... open up the housing and put say s2000 projector inside...

5. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not aware of anyone doing this yet, at least not on this forum. I just installed some 6000k HID's in my halogen housings last week and the glare isn't all that bad or noticable. I had to lower the beam pattern quite a bit to avoid blinding oncoming drivers but all seems good so far. Best 80 dollars I've spent in a long time.

6. jbdan

jbdan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have not seen it done yet on a Pri, but take a look over at HIDPlanet. Might have to do a lot of searching, but that site is full of HID retrofits with projectors.

They are not very HID kit friendly...some are even "projector only" *snobs.*

But there is some excellent info if you want to get into a projector retro. I did one on my pre-Pri (Tacoma) and the results were outstanding. IMO if you want a high quality HID retro in your Pri then projectors are the way to go.

Also, if you want to take it on, the smartest way is to order 2 headlight assemblies to allow you to work on them at your leisure rather than trying to do it to your existing assemblies. But there is the extra cost involved. If you chose the latter be prepared to be without your Pri for a while. Feel free to PM me about my experience. There is quite a bit of planning involved if you want to do it without big headaches heh.;)

7. Halogen2LED

Halogen2LED New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I di this with morimoto ds2 5.0. 50 watt ballasts and xb d bulbs

Attached Files:

8. oil_burner

oil_burner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have done it on my car with good results, but for the amount of work I would go with an LED drop in bulb since they are getting so good these days.