1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prolong compatibility

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 1towman, Dec 15, 2023.

1. 1towman

1towman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anybody know if a Prolong charger for a Honda Accord can be used on a 2nd gen? I know the hook up is going to be different but would the units be different ?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I want to say the voltage systems are different My Venice hybrid charger from Venice California from Venice hybrid has a two position switch on the side of it or might be three The first step is for the Honda insight and that sort of business I can't remember the voltage I think it's two something and then the Prius is the second click it charges the Prius battery at 300 volts and then there's another click that's for the larger racks of modules I'd have to look it up to get what all the voltages are but I'm thinking that the generation 2 setup would be a little more than you want but I can't swear to that because I don't know that brand of charger that well the one I have is completely different. But I want to say from what I understand about the Hondas and from the Honda forum and whatnot they're a lower voltage business $176 or something I can't remember what I've read about it I've only messed with a few and they weren't very fun.

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I do not think you can use the Honda Accord charger for a 2nd gen prius. Go to the Hybrid Automotive website and check for yourself.