1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Prolong Deluxe Battery Reconditioning Kit Gen2 2004-2009

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by tjsadler, Dec 12, 2018.

1. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like new used only once on a bench in the garage. It's a great product and made rebuilding the battery faster and pretty painless. This is the fully automatic version so whether charging or discharging you set it and then check back at the end. This item new is ~$700 with shipping. Asking $560 plus shipping.

Attached Files:

KevininFl, SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just to clarify - I purchased this new and used it while rebuilding the battery. Before I got to use it to run a reconditioning cycle in the car there was an accident and, thanks to a drunk driver, the car was totaled so I don't need it anymore. The harness is easy to install and allows you to just plug in the charger or discharger, turn them on, and then leave it overnight. There's no light bulbs or waiting around watching meters. Both charge and discharge cycles are automatic once started.

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds nice. I wish I was in the market. Sorry about the wreck. Hope you and any fellow occupants are OK.

4. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Jerry. It was my daughter's car. She's banged up will be suffering for a while but thankfully should be ok. There was a Lincoln behind her that absorbed a lot of the impact before totaling her car. Cars they sell everywhere... daughters... not so much! We had two Prius and a Rav4 Hybrid and I love them but I'm having wild thoughts of getting her an Excursion just so she won't get crunched by some idiot in a truck!

5. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They keep spreading stupid on the roads thicker and thicker. Sure is sad. :(

6. zeron1982

zeron1982 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Is bad that the accident happened,
    I got one of this I was planning to use it to rebuild my prius battery because one of the module was going bad so I charged and discharged as instructed 5 miles down the road the red triangle came back ended up replacing the module to fix the problem, I tried to rebuild other battery packs and the same thing , this device is to be used on a discharge battery it doesn't fix it nor bring it back to life as they say

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

7. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I’ve helped rebuild 2 batteries and this is the tool to have for the process.

Both have been going for over 8 months now and no issues.

So what instructions did you follow:whistle:?

And how long after the last charge cycle was completed did you wait before setting off on your test drive?

SFO and jerrymildred like this.
  8. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    zeron1982 Thanks for the unsolicited product review but you clearly did not understand the function of this product. If your battery is "bad" ie... has one or more failed cells, nothing will fix that besides replacing those cells. No tool exists that you can simply plug in and it will magically transform failed cells to good ones. What this WILL do, and quite effectively, is help extend the life of a good to perhaps marginal battery by performing deep discharge and charge cycles in succession to rebalance all the cells and help restore some lost charge capacity. When rebuilding a battery it allows you to pick up a few used cells from eBay, pop them into the pack, and then balance charge/discharge them so that all the cells will then be within the same tolerances without spending weeks with a hobby charger trying to balance individual cells separately and then put the pack back together. When used as intended by someone who understands what they're doing, this is a great tool. Also, this is the "For Sale" forum. If you'd like to discuss the tool, its uses, or your impressions please visit one of the other forums designated for that.

SFO, jerrymildred and Raytheeagle like this.
  9. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very well said, @tjsadler. It's amazing how people will misuse a product and then give it a bad review because it didn't meet their unreasonable expectations.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  10. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think a lot of people have a problem with the wording (including zeron1982) from Hybrid Automotive. They do claim their products work on batteries that have coded P0A80. Although a very small percentage can be fixed with a charge/discharge cycle, that wording doesn't help people with very little knowledge of how the batteries work. Some will believe the $700+ they are spending will revive a bad battery. Because why else would you spend $700+?

So it's buyer beware, you must read ALL the information before buying into any products and their claims. The recommendations they provide are only their own recommendations. It's not backed by anybody but themselves.

SFO, Raytheeagle and jerrymildred like this.
  11. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Can advise if unit has sold? If no, how much to pack & ship to IL, 60087? When exactly did u purchase?
    What manner of payment and how firm is your price?
    Thanks

#11 Hamptgx, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  12. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I sent you a private message with all the info.

SFO likes this.
  13. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sold! Paid and shipped.

jerrymildred and Raytheeagle like this.
  14. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Do you know how to remove a WTB posting on for sale board? Can't seem to figure it out.

15. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are those Prius electrical diagrams in your photo? If yes, where did u get them?

16. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could "Report" the post and ask a moderator to remove it.

17. tjsadler

tjsadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No. Those are building plans. I'm a construction manager.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  18. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Duh! Well I feel a bit stoopid. Thanks