1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sold Prolong Deluxe Reconditioning Package Battery Charger System in near new condition for Gen 2 Prius

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by David Brydon, Mar 13, 2018.

1. David Brydon

David Brydon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have one in perfect condition with harness (for gen 2 or 3 ). I bought it new 10/16/17, used it a few times on my 07 Prius and it worked flawlessly. I paid $688.89. Includes intelligent discharger and charger, harness, and all accessories intact and ready to install and use. Warranty transfers to new owner. Their support has been excellent. Will sell for $589 with free shipping and tracking in 48 states. Will take lower offers in a few days if it does not sell. David

#1 David Brydon, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    SFO, WilDavis and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Raytheeagle does Gen 2 & 3 use the same charger? I know the harness is different.

You have better access to Jeff than we do here.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Same charger and Discharger, so it can be shared amongst those 2 generations :).

Good luck with your sale(y).

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. Muddyburt

Muddyburt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Different harness from a Gen 2 to a Gen 3?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. David Brydon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi. A thread today said gen 3 and gen 2 harness are identical

6. Raytheeagle

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Harnesses are different, but the hv packs are the same size;).

The Gen3 and Gen2 harnesses are slightly different, but once you have the harness installed, you’re good to go (y).

7. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Gen 3 harness is $150 from Hybrid Automotive.

They list different harness numbers for Gen 2 vs. Gen 3.

@jeff652 or calling Hybrid Automotive would be the best option to confirm compatibility.

#7 Prodigyplace, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  8. David Brydon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Raytheeagle, Thanks for your input. You said that once installed, you are good to go for a gen 3 using a gen 2 harness. Can you confirm? Does that mean it is no problem to use the gen 2 harness on a gen 3?

9. Raytheeagle

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Nope.

A Gen2 Harness is for a Gen2 and a Gen3 Harness is for a Gen3 ;).

The interchangeable pieces are the Intelligent Discharger and the charger:).

Prodigyplace likes this.
  10. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why are you selling so soon? Did your pack fail? Do you not like using the system for some reason?

11. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  12. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  13. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use the force link, Luke kenarto ! :D

Raytheeagle likes this.
  14. PAUL SCHULTZ

PAUL SCHULTZ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    David Brydon, I sent you a PM.

Paul Schultz

15. PAUL SCHULTZ

PAUL SCHULTZ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    @David Brydon I am still interested in this charger if available. I did send a PM. Is it available still?

Paul

16. David Brydon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry I was away. I did sell it and I also want to give my experience for Kenoarto and others. I don't know much or have much experience so please no flames. The charger is well designed and solid. It worked great. The stock 1.05A fuse burned out and I put a 2A in at the recco of the manufacturer. It was very easy and quick to install, and also to uninstall now that they use a quick connect. For me, it never was able to help my battery. But it is complicated by the situation. The battery was 10 years old, the expected life given by Toyota. It worked great until we stopped using the car. We let it sit for 3 months and then drove it. Battery failed within 2 weeks. Then I put in a new cell from ebay, but it was not running the same as the other batteries and would constantly throw codes. Then I got 2 new balanced cells from Texas Hybrid Batteries, guaranteed to match my pack. But then we went out of town and I didn't install them for over 2 more months while the car sat. I replaced those 2, and they ran perfectly with the rest of the pack, but another cell had failed, so constant codes and the traction battery going off line from this one bad cell. That is where I decided we are not driving the car enough and the cells are too far gone to keep doing this. I got a brand new Toyota battery from Texas Hybrid for $2200 installed with 4 year warranty that Matt says I don't need because the new Toyota battery will have no prob for 8 years at least. It has worked great for a month now. He said I could also buy it myself at the dealer, which I would have no problem installing myself since I took mine in and out already a few times. I said my dealer had refused to sell me one. He said it is up to the dealer. Where he got it is 2 hours from me and it was around $1750 with tax, an awesome deal. Next time I would do that, but his help and input and support were so awesome, not to mention he drove it to me, installed it, replace missing parts on my car, and cleaned the mass air flow sensor and throttle valve (a year ago my car completely stopped running after intermittently dying while on the road for a couple months and after much research I found cleaning the throttle valve was easy and completely fixed it). So his service was totally worth it and beyond excellent. Someone did say they think the prolong goes way too deep on the discharge and they would not do that to a battery, but just use it to keep the traction battery topped off when not being driven. I would like to do that when this battery gets older.

SFO, kenoarto and Raytheeagle like this.