1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB Prolong wiring harness for Prius V

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by wrench, Sep 27, 2023.

1. wrench

wrench Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm looking for a wiring harness for a Prius V. I may have a 2004-2009 Prius harness that I could use for trade too, if you are looking for that one instead.

2. wrench

wrench Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would also be interested in the wiring harness schematic for a Prius V if anyone has that.

3. wrench

wrench Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    BE AWARE THAT SCAMMERS ARE WORKING PRIUSCHAT VERY HARD NOW!

If you are thinking of posting your own WTB, you might want to reconsider. It is very apparent that scammers have integrated AI (artificial intelligence) chat bots into scams. They monitor the WTB and then post messages to you with mythical items for sale. Here is the basic format of these scams:

1. They always have PriusChat accounts that are brand new. No feedback, no posts, etc
    2. They all have very poor English
    3. They all sound too friendly like, "Hey Buddy...."
    4. They *all* want you to engage them in some a gmail account that looks like it too was auto generated
    5. If you engage them in either PriusChat or gmail, they will carry on a very quickly returned (too much so) dialog that is way too close to AI driven chats to be real. And if you are in the same city, then the product will suddenly be with their cousin in Canada or some other place that is clearly not close to you. It can be kind of humorous to have these dialogs just to get a feeling for how advanced the AI chat really is.
    6. When money does come up, they always want Zelle, Paypal Friends & Family, or other platform that doesn't provide you any buyer protection.
    7. If they send you images, you can usually find those image in an auction on eBay or on the web... usually in cities that are not even close to the one where the scammer is saying the item is located.
    8. Like a lot of these scams, they'll send you the item for "just the cost of shipping and I'll trust you to send me what you think it is worth just because you seem concerned... and I trust you..." Remember... Getting $10 for 1% of the emails you send out like this (especially since there isn't even a person (ah, cretan) involved with 90% of this, is a huge return.

Do yourself a favor... Don't bite... You will never get your product and you will only lose faith in the feeling that most people are fundamentally decent. These people are the scum of the earth but are still likely the minority. Keep what you have earned and ignore this type of "offer."

It is up to you if you post a WTB on this forum, but I personally wish I had not. I love PriusChat otherwise. I've gained good knowledge from it, but the WTB, WTS section is *way* to rife with scammers for me to ever touch it with a 10 foot pole. Despite the fact that I think the Prolong wiring harness is grossly overpriced, I am just buying it from them directly, but I wouldn't mind having a second harness

IF you have considerable "presence" on PriusChat (so not a "I just saw this and created an account"), *AND* you are willing to use a payment service that affords buyer (and seller) protection *THEN* feel free to contact me. If you don't like these terms, then don't bother. There are just too many scams being run here for me to take a chance. Even an overpriced OEM harness is cheap compared to throwing money at someone that only deserves a prison cell.

4. wrench

wrench Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Hybrid Automotive Prolong 2004-2009 Prius wiring harness for sale. Unfortunately, I need a harness for a Prius V. Therefore, I would like to sell the harness I have and have that partially fund the V harness. I am looking to get $130 for the harness, shipped anywhere in the US. The harness is in mint condition.