1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Promoting the Prius in Washington

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by epic, Dec 13, 2005.

1. epic

epic New Member

All -

Been a while since I've glanced at this forum. Has anyone been working to promote a Washington State Prius group at all? I run two Yahoo groups myself (waprius for statewide owners and olyprius specifically for those in Olympia/Tumwater/Shelton/Lacey), and carry around business cards with the information on those groups. Was wondering if anyone was using any other advertising tactics to get the word out about hybrid technology.

Anyone gotten a look at the '06 models yet? Pretty much every dealer in WA should have them by now (Toyota of Olympia and Titus-Will in Tacoma do for sure). I was in for service at Toyota of Olympia the other day, but didn't think to talk to the sales people -- d'oh! :)

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

There's the one parked in front of our house. :) Not mine -- it's Heidi's.

Because it's Silver Pine Mica, it stands out, and a lot of other Prius owners have been stopping to take a look.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Peter, having any get togethers in your other groups. if so, post them here, im sure there are people who would be interested. me for one.

4. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am interested in a get together after the first of March. Until then I am on Vancouver Island and it is too expensive with the ferry service for just a round trip. Will be returning to my home in Roy late February. I have acreage near Roy and would be willing to host a get together here. Plenty of parking. If someone could bring Grills we could do a tail gate thing.

Bob

5. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

I'd love to see the Silver Pine Mica in real life. I just picked up my Barcelona Red package 8 and am needing to catch up on some reading to learn some of the basics. Now that I have my prius and am surviving the business of wrapping up another year, I'd like to see a gathering early next year and will help support the effort. (We could create a flier invitation that could be tucked under the windshield wipers of fellow priuses in the parking lot)

I was at the mall over the weekend with cars swarming for parking spots. I was able to turn my covetted spot over to a fellow prius owner (05 salsa red). Tis the season for sharing some Prius cheer! Happy Solstice!

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would like to host a CAN View installation get together after the first of the year. Mike has volunteered to help install my CAN View when it is here. I thought if we could get some other CAN View folks (Dave and Frank come to mind) there and others we could have a learning session. I have no dates yet but I am thinking after the first.

7. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

My dealer is hosting a new car owners shop night on Jan 11th where we can talk to the techs and mechanics. Any burning questions out there other than when is the next WA Prius roundup?

8. Mojo40

Mojo40 New Member

Let me know then the CAN View install demo is. Thanks.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee... i think everyone who got CANVIEW has already installed theirs. actually a very easy procedure. however, if anyone wants to get a meeting going, i will help anyone who wants to install theirs. it will take 45 mins tops.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Or less! And in addition I would come to help, and to show how the Nav option goes. We could also show how to flash the ROM. We could discuss the parameters we are observing and what our short term goals are. We could also discuss the long term potential of CAN- View and what a group of people might want in the device. We could establish a dialog with Norm who is after all our neighbor. We might get Frank down the alpha, beta tester. He has been down here before. This is a good idea, and all will benefit. We can all teach and learn.

11. benighted

benighted New Member

I've been interested in a CAN- view but I will have to wait to find an opening in my budget. My Prius doesn't have the NAV option, I understand there is a CAN view availiable that will let me install an aftermarket NAV system?

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  13. benighted

benighted New Member

Getting that to work with a NAV system seems a bit complicated. Maybe I'd be better off getting the version 1 and a portable Tom Tom

14. benighted

benighted New Member

Also, since it looks like it plugs into the factory stereo, can the CAN view be used if I have installed the aftermarket XM tuner?

15. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you have the Nav you need V 2. I think it includes a splitter but Dave would know more about that. Leap in here Dave, you did that install not I. If you do not I just ordered the converter box for the camera. Very nice interaction with the Brits. There were a few problems translating English into English but that was minor. Now all I have to do is decide on a camera. If you want to head inland, God willing and the creek don't rise. I am trying to arrange a meeting of my self, Dave and a Prius Tech I would guess others might tag along.

16. benighted

benighted New Member

I Don't have a NAV system I was talking about adding the Pioneer to the version 2

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

CANVIEW plugs into monitor and CANVIEW bus... that is all... XM radio (not familiar with this to be honest with ya) has to plug into stereo... so i would say... ya

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well I don't have a camera as yet, looking for the right one, but I do have the interface coming. One thing at a time. I still have to compleat the radiator blocker.