1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Promotions at end of model year?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Gray1802, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Gray1802

Gray1802 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have been looking at a Prius for awhile, and there are several in my metropolitan area. Haven't purchased a new car in years, and have never purchased a Toyota, so I haven't paid any attention to what type of end-of-model-year promotions Toyota might be expected to offer.

For those who watched the end of the Prius 2009's, 2010's, and 2011's, is there any type of close-out promotion to expect in the coming months? Not so much interested in financing incentives, as I plan to pay cash.

Also, if Toyota offers any type of rebate/incentive on expiring 2012's, does this just reduce the negotiating willingness of the local dealer to go deeper ... meaning no significant overall savings for me? If Toyota as a corporation doesn't offer rebates/incentives, did you find your local deal willing to go deeper on their own?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2009 was the 1st year there were any leftover Prius. I believe this was due to the recession & the Gen3 arriving soon.

Rebates were offered in various amounts at various times in various regions. Contact local dealers through their websites and/or AAA or another buying service to get on their e-mail lists. Generally rebates were in the $250-$500 range.

The rebate has nothing to do with the selling price of the car which you'll have to negotiate if not going through a buying service. The dealer knows what they paid for the car & what they will accept. Some days you may be able to get them to that rock-bottom number faster but you won't get below it.