1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proper name

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by cproaudio, Jul 8, 2010.

1. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is it me or did the salesmen missed their "how to call a Prius" class? I know exactly what trim and package I want. I've talked to 5 salesmen in 3 dealerships. I told them that I want a "Prius five" with advanced technology package. Somewhere along the conversation they all started referring to the "5" as "package 5" I have corrected them as just "Prius 5" with advanced technology package not a package 5 several times. 3 of them said that no it's called "package 5" and they all come with ATP. I wanted to slap them. Anyway, just wanted to get the opinions of Prius experts here. So, whats the verdict?

Since this is my first post I'll relate some of my background and my wanting a Prius. I bought a brand new 97 Toyota Tacoma. At the time I said to myeslf I will drive this truck til it dies. 13 years and 206,000 miles later this truck still ran like the day I bought it, literally. The engine has no pings, knocks, no exhaust leaks, no weird noises. It still has that distinctive V6 roar. It's pissing me off because I want a new car damnit and this one wont die. I maintained it the least as possible. For the last 6 years I change oil once a year with mobile 1. I never let it warm up in the morning. I start it up and drive right away but still, it will not die. I don't want to sell it b/c it has no resale value. No one wants to buy a truck with 206k on it. It's worth more to me than to sell it.
    8 years ago at the height of my previous career I wanted to build an infotainment system like no other. I redesigned the dash so that I can accommodate a 7" touch screen and still have it look stock while keeping all the vents, AC controls, buttons and the stereo, I custom built a carPC system that would survive in a car environment. I'm talking in the summer with windows up at 160F+ interior temp. It was linked to my alarm, GPS, OBD-II and cellphone/wifi so I could do touch screen control of window, locks, lights and even starting up the truck, and virtual dashboard, GPS nav and internet access, wireless file transfers, too much to list. I have built some crazy stuff in my days.
    Now that my truck is getting old, it's time for a new one, not just any new one. One that I can not build. As I have said before, I have build some crazy schit but I could never build something that'll keep itself in the center of the lane, park itself, or slam on the brakes if I'm about to hit something. This is why I want to buy a Prius V with advanced technology package. The Prius has no tech, no problem I can easily build a virtual digital dashboard but dynamic cruise control, that I can not build.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The advertising brochure calls it a Prius V and refers to the ATP as a "package" and they don't all come with it. Salesmen often don't know much about what they sell, they only worry about getting your money. It's not important for you that they don't know the product; it's only important that you, the buyer, know what you are going to get and how much you should pay for it. Good luck with your new Prius. :)

Watch out for the extras they will try to sell you, maintenance package, extended warranty, etc. just say no to all of it.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I talked to several dealerships while searching for my Prius during the C4C campaign last fall. Every dealership salesman that I talked with referred to them as Package II, III, IV and V. Most of the salesmen that I talked with were fairly knowledgeable of the Prius features and options.

4. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I noticed that some sales persons don't know much about cars or packages.

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Off topic, but are you on mp3car.com? I have had a CarPC in my civic since early 2006. Best thing since non-sliced bread after sliced bread.

6. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yeah that's me. The PC is long gone due to my sister spilled coffee on it. It ran for 9 months after the coffee incident. Everything is still in the truck. I could easily hook all the USBs and ports to any laptop and all the functions would work again. Those were the days back then. I mean 8 years having internet access while traveling at freeway speed was unheard of. People would laugh at me and think I'm crazy.

7. tickmark40

tickmark40 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

You're right about that. I did research on the Prius before going to the local dealership. The Salesman was brand new and didn't know anything about the car. He got the sales manager to help him but even he didn't know much more about the car and they had several in stock.
    I have learned so much more about my car by reading the comments here on PriusChat.com and the manual. Thanks to everyone for your information and insight regarding the Prius.:cheer2: