1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proposed Oct. 7-8, Georgetown KY rally and plant tour

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by bwilson4web, Jun 29, 2007.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi folks,

I'm just asking if there is any interested in an October 7-8, 2007, Georgetown Kentucky, hybrid rally?

BACKGROUND

The Toyota Georgetown Kentucky plant has tours on Monday, Columbus Day, and a dozen of us visited the plant last year. A holiday weekend with off-season rates, it is an affordable weekender trip. For me, it was an easy drive, sleep-over and then drive home after the tour. Fall weather, we hit on a rain day but the drive up was drop-dead gorgeous through the mountains from Knoxville.

PROPOSED SCHEDULE

Sunday afternoon we'll have a hybrid car rally. It will include:

1. static displays
    2. group dinner
    3. after dinner papers and 'birds of a feather' sessions

Monday day, we'll have two factory tour groups: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We'll also try to have more 'birds of a feather' discussions and invite the plant and local university engineering school folks to join us. Static car displays will continue in the parking lot. We'll make arrangements to have papers copied and shared for reproduction cost. There will be a 'tanks thanks' poster board for the fill-up receipt and miles into Georgetown.

DISTANCES

Kansas City - 600 miles
    Madison WI - 510 miles
    Washington DC - 550 miles
    Tallahassee FL - 580 miles
    Little Rock AR - 570 miles

ORGANIZER(S)

Bob Wilson - <tbd depending upon poll results and helpers>

I'm not 'trolling' for members but I need poll feedback to determine if organizing this effort makes sense. The poll is located at:
    http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/showthread.php?t=14221

2. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like fun. I remember lamenting I couldn't make last years.

Wayne

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a maybe Bob. It's not too far
    Do you know if it's the Georgetown, Ky in Scott county or Harlan County? Mapquest is a little confused.

Found it:
    Toyota Motor Mfg USA Inc: 502-868-2000
    1001 Cherry Blossom Way, Georgetown, KY 40324, US

563 miles, 8+ hours.

4. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 29 2007, 06:56 AM) [snapback]469983[/snapback]</div>
    I was a little dissapointed that Bob didn't include the mileage from Portland, OR in the OP.

Georgetown, Scott County, KY is approximately 2377.98 miles from Portland, OR. I am afraid I will need to pass as that extra 0.98 is nearly another complete mile.

I discovered the same insanely bizzare two Georgetown, KY weirdness. I guessed the one in Scott County, since it was near the intersection of a couple of interstates, and then efusco's posting of the zip code confirmed my quess. The other one in Harlan County looks like it might be a wide spot in the two lane, with perhaps a population of (wild guess) 25?

Since my post is so BORRING and obnoxious, I will atempt to save it with areal views of the two Georgetown Kentuckys:

Scott County, Population 19,000+
    [attachmentid=9304]

Toyota Plant
    [attachmentid=9305]

Harlin County, Population 25 (I don't know, maybe during local fetivals?)
    [attachmentid=9302]

Attached Files:

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Bob those dates sound good to me please keep me advised!