1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prospective prius owner w/ a few quick questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by illinoisdad, Feb 25, 2007.

1. illinoisdad

illinoisdad New Member

I have an offer to purchase a pkg 1 at $22,229 (before tax, title, license). This is the dealer's stated invoice, but I think it includes TDA and the dealer holdback. This is the best price I've been able to find thus far in the central illinois/st.louis area. This price includes floor and cargo mats. Should I go for it? I feel like its a fair offer, but I'm wondering if the financing terms might get better after the current offer expires at the end of the month.

Also, I have yet to try fitting a baby stroller in the back. This could be a deal breaker if there isn't enough space. Anybody have space issues re: hauling baby gear?

2. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Take the stroller to the dealer and try it out. There is a thread in here that deals with this, but I don't know the link. It will most likely will fit fine. Several families have been to this chat room expressing satidfaction with the cargo/passenger capacity of the Prius.

The price you quote is reasonable compared to what I paid for mine in Northern Illinois. I didn't want any packages but ended up with floor mats (long story not worth telling). Dealer offered 1,000 off MSRP (just under 22.000) if we would allow him to do the shopping around to get the color car we wanted. We were in shock because we had just seen a used Prius at Carmax for $25,000. Must've been some packages on that used car that we didn't notice.

3. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, that's a GREAT price! I don't have any experience with the stroller thing, but it seems like a lot of space back there. ;)
    I don't know if the financing could get much better than it is right now. I would worry about running the risk of them doing away with the financing special next month. Good luck, and keep us updated!

4. illinoisdad

illinoisdad New Member

Thanks. We would prefer magnetic grey. The dealer has one in black on the lot, but said he could get one in magnetic grey before the April 1 tax credit change. My next question is... does anyone know whether I can still get the current financing terms if he can't get one in magnetic grey before the end of the month? I would think that putting a deposit down would be sufficient.