1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud Father

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jeepwillies, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jeepwillies

jeepwillies New Member

Well yesterday my wife and I took the plunge......WE Bought a PRIUS!!!

Wow, just getting used to all the gadget and fancy screen (Is that what you call ICE?).

Can anyone direct me to a post or a site that has a good Q&A on the Prius? I would just like to read all the most common (not stupid) questions out there from new owners.

Also I do have one concern....when driving I sometimes notice a slight hesitation or lurching? It feels like the engine is kicking in or out and causing a slight bucking. Is this normal or should I take my baby in right away for a checkup?

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ICE is Internal Combustion Engine.

Congratulations on your new baby! What package did you go for? And what color?

Also, read all the "Sticky" posts here. Lots of great info there.

3. mooney

mooney Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! I hope to pick on up this weekend, did you get any options?

4. jeepwillies

jeepwillies New Member

We bought a used 2005 with the C package, or in other words all the options. It's pretty sweet. Got 54mpg yesterday going to work!! Yeee Haaa!

So where do I find the Sticky posts for that info?

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beerguy @ Mar 9 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]402793[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations! You are on the best site for Q&A. Check out the Newbie Forum. Look in all the other Toyota Prius Forums, sorted by topic of interest. In many topics you will find Stickie threads listed at the top and other threads and posts below.

That lurching you feel may be traction control if your tires start spinning on (water) ice up there in Alberta. A really handy feature is the Search button at the top of every page. Try a search for traction control and it will show you a ton of threads.

Welcome to PriusChat! Congratulations on your new Prius!

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy Beerguy...

... Bill is right... you are on the best source for helpful, informative Prius information. When you see the listing of the Prius Main Forum showing all the current threads of discussion, scroll up to the "sticky" section at the top. One thing you'll see is the Acronyms listing. That's where you'll find a comprehensive list of acronymns {liks ICE} used in the Prius forums.

While I've been in PriusChat for about 2½ years, others have been here back into the previous Prius model - the first ones imported to the U.S. - often referred to as the "Classic." PriusChat also offers a "store" which, for example, can offer the Toyota Extended Warranty for less than $1,000 while dealers quote as much as $1,800 or more. The "Search" function can also be helpful since many of your questions have been discussed in detail on past postings.

B) Another WELCOME to you. And... don't feel like your questions are 'dumb' - PriusChat folks will be happy to help.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    http://john1701a.com Look for his user guide...should give you and excellent Prius 101 type of start. Look at the "Features" (top right of the page here on PriusChat....and then the "Articles" section in that dropdown. Finally look at all the "Sticky" articles at the top of each forum here at Priuschat. Those should cover all the basics for you and give you a big jump start.