1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud New (Co)Owner of a 2012 Prius!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Veloist, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Veloist

Veloist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi everyone, I'm not freshly new here but on Wednesday my family got our 2012 Toyota Prius in Blizzard Pearl and Package 5. My dad requested it with the Plus-Performance ground effects kit to make it a little more distinct.

He actually had it ordered and it took less than a month to be built and arrive. I waited anxiously for news like "It has just left the factory," "It's being shipped now," and "It has arrived at the port." Well on Wednesday we drove to Putnam Toyota and saw our car in their lot. It turns out it was dropped off overnight.

I fell in love with it right away and I knew it would be a special car. We got in the car and it only had 1 Mile on the odometer and didn't even go through pre-delivery inspection; it had the plastic on the hood, the seats, everywhere.

It was so special that we left the dealership without the detail because my dad was going to let me do it. That meant that I would be the first person to ever wash the car and detail it (we have the same wax they use). After the "baptism" at our house, we stared at it for a long time.

Here are my thoughts so far on driving it:
    - The steering is amazingly assisted. When I drove my Corolla the next day, I was amazed at how heavy my steering felt.
    - I wasn't used to the slow throttle, but I'm getting there
    - I wasn't used to the sensitive brakes, but I'm getting there too.
    - I felt kind of dumb when I forgot to the car off. Glad there is a sound that indicates it's still on.
    - I'm really impressed with the headlights on the package 5. 4 LED powered bulbs.
    - I have a lot to learn about this car, and I'm excited about it.

I've always wanted our family to have a Prius ever since the 3rd gen came out when I was in high school. We're very loyal to Toyota and this is our 10th Toyota.

Attached are some pictures of our beloved new Prius.
    -The picture with me hosing it is the first spray ever, I told my mom to take the picture at the first spray.

Attached Files:

2. withspirit

withspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on your family's beautiful Prius! :cool:

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! It is a beauty.

4. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulation.
    You sound as excited as I get.
    I also take the cars in the wrapper.
    IS 300 white
    GS 430 Black
    Prius Black
    My wife thinks I am nuts for paying for that prep service. I too like to be the first to remove the wrappers .
    Enjoy your new car.

5. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

Glad to hear that you and fam are very happy!